This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Myra View Post
    I work for an indirect cellular store, but the company we sell, their commercials are either bland, or friggin awesome. Like the one we had during the Superbowl made my freaking year. There's one with a bunch of guys badly dancing in an office that cracks me up. There's one more about their GPS feature with a bunch of guys freaking out "Don't agitate the dots!" that's freaking hilarious, but I cannot find it on YouTube.

If someone here works for Honda and doesn't talk about the crab, then seriously. You have no sense of humor!
    The "Dont agitate the dots" commercial is great.

I never had the problem BrassCowboy did with the ExtraBucks commercials. They never showed them a lot in my area. I like the new CVS commercials with the Pharmacists talking about what they do to help people. The 2 pharmacists in my store will do whatever it takes to help people, and it doesnt have anything to do with the front store, so people cant get confused by watching them then come in and bitch at me.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

I'll say this much about the commercials for the Kitty . . . if I hear the theme from "The Andy Griffith Show" one more time, I'm going to scream bloody murder. Just. Plain. Irritatating.

And while we're on the subject of coming out, I work for a grocery chain known as Food Lion
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Confuzed-Monkey View Post
        And Knightmare, I know exactly what your talking about with the local Mom n' Pop stores doing commercials. I can't stand them, their not cute, just irritating. They might think their kids are cute, I don't.
        As we are both treacherous Western North Carolinians, you'll recognize this one, I'm sure...

Leicester Carpet Sales (or, as the children in the commercial say, "Lestha Cawpeh Salls!")... You can even hear the adults giggling from the sheer unadulterated cuteness of the whole thing.

Not as bad as the Rug and Home Decor lady, though. Someone needs to start dosing her morning Grape Nuts with Valium. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to get that excited over Oriental rugs.

Oh and also... which restaurant? Sitting here in a hotel lobby for up to 16 hours a day, as you can imagine, I watch a lot of TV. A local restaurant commercial worth hitting the carpet and writhing until your spine snaps about isn't coming to mind.
        Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 09-17-2006, 10:56 AM.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I cry a little inside whenever I see a TV commercial or hear a radio ad for one of my company's clients because I know I'm about to suffer a call spike of twits if I'm at work. If I'm at home I say a little prayer for my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
            "Buy my daddy's wawa. It tastes gweat!"
            ok, am I the only one visualizing this child, after dark, in the city's, erm..."red light district"...??
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
              As we are both treacherous Western North Carolinians, you'll recognize this one, I'm sure...

Leicester Carpet Sales (or, as the children in the commercial say, "Lestha Cawpeh Salls!")... You can even hear the adults giggling from the sheer unadulterated cuteness of the whole thing.

Not as bad as the Rug and Home Decor lady, though. Someone needs to start dosing her morning Grape Nuts with Valium. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to get that excited over Oriental rugs.

Oh and also... which restaurant? Sitting here in a hotel lobby for up to 16 hours a day, as you can imagine, I watch a lot of TV. A local restaurant commercial worth hitting the carpet and writhing until your spine snaps about isn't coming to mind.
              Oooh, I am soooo glad I don't have cable TV here. I don't even know what/where Rug and Home Decor is, actually - sounds like this is a good thing.
              Zee website has been *UPDATED*

Comment

Quoth norrina View Post
                Oooh, I am soooo glad I don't have cable TV here. I don't even know what/where Rug and Home Decor is, actually - sounds like this is a good thing.
                You've never seen the Rug and Home Decor lady in action? I can't believe it! She's the single most detested element of Asheville-area TV, and they show the commercials on WLOS all the time! She even got written about in the paper.

She loves her job. Way too much. She loves the rugs she gets to work with at her job. Way too much. She thinks you should love the rugs.

Way too much.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

When I worked at the security call center we used to laugh our butts off at the company commercial, which featured a state of the art center with soft user-friendly lighting,oversized high-def monitors everywhere, a manager hovering over every operator's shoulder offering truly helpful advice, and computers so fast they practically gave the information required before it was asked for. Sitting under harsh fluorescent lights on broken chairs at delapidated dirty desks, using computers with chisels hanging by the screens, saddled with managers who would disappear for most of the night or refuse to answer questions with any reply other than "go by the book!" . . . Um, yeah.

Comment

Working...
                  X