• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
    interview today.
    yeek!
    Good luck!
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

ok, now quite nervous.
      Repeat to myself- I am fantastic and they'd be fools if they didn't hire me.

especially in my spectacular interview outfit, that actually makes me look like a responsible grown-up. Scary.

Oh, of all the days to have a wisdom tooth coming through...
      Last edited by GingerBiscuit; 06-03-2008, 10:21 AM.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Head Hunting does work to a degree, and sometimes amazingly well. I worked for a brief bit in a mall anchor store and the other stores in the mall would take like an employee a week from our store. But mainly cause the manager was an ass. Managers form the other stores would come in to shop, See who was working their ass off and who wasn't and pick away at the good staff. I thought it was funny.

I've been head hunted a couple of times. Of course being a owner it's hard to take a job But I did take one before I was doing what I do now. The funniest thing there was 6 of us that were head hunted. It was a 65k a year job. Found out the old managers were only making 55k, and they were not too happy to find out that we were being brought in at higher pay than them.
        "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

well, that went well.
          He pretty much told me not to bother handing in cv's anywhere else for a couple of days, until I hear back.
          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            did either of those people happen to work for Primerica?

Was one of them Dean? If so you were smarter than me and just said no.
            Honestly, I don't know. I only got the company name out of one of them. The others just told me where their offices were (Layton, Ogden, North Salt Lake, Murray, I think), some of which were really out of my way. In any case, they all made it sound like the employer would be getting much more benefit from me taking the job than I would, almost as if it was a pyramid scheme of some kind. You've gone through the presentation, I take it?

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
            Oh, of all the days to have a wisdom tooth coming through...
            I can sympathize with that. I had laryngitis during my last interview. Having to whisper through the whole process was not fun. The interviewers were nice and understanding, though, and I'm pretty sure that's not the reason they gave the job to someone else.
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

I GOT THE JOOOB!

They're starting me on the highest wage I can get at start-up!

Comment

Woo! You can afford to buy me dinners!

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  Woo! You can afford to buy me dinners!

Rapscallion
                  maaaybe.

After my three month probabtion I start getting bonuses that take my £12,700 a year wages up to £14,000 a year... a free pair of glasses and eyetest every year, 75% off any other eyewear I could want apart from contacts where it's 50%, my family get 33% off and my friends 10% off. They'll pay for me to do any training I could wish...

Comment

Woo hoo! Party time!
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Congratulations! Let's meet at Customersruinmylife's bar, and you can buy everyone a round!
                      "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                      "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                      --Dilbert

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Whoo! New job!

Those are some nice discounts, too. (Wouldn't do me any good--my vision's 20/20 and my wife is legally blind--but those are still really good employee discounts! Now if I could find a place that did that sort of pricing for video games...)

Congratulations! We'll miss the stories about crazies from your previous job, but I imagine you'll come up with some other stories from this job, too.
                          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                          - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                            Congratulations! We'll miss the stories about crazies from your previous job, but I imagine you'll come up with some other stories from this job, too.
                            She'll be our UK JuniorMintz!
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Here's to the new job:
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

[QUOTE=GingerBiscuit;344919]

especially in my spectacular interview outfit, that actually makes me look like a responsible grown-up. Scary.
                                QUOTE]

Was that supposed to be a pun?? I read it as such...

Anyways - a bit late (cos I've been going cold turkey from here) - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
                                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
                                X