Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 27 and I still have times where I don't have depth perception. It's now no longer fun walking into walls, doorways, other people, etc., etc., etc.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Mine would have been concussing myself setting up a Christmas tree.

Me and my mother were putting the tree up not long after Thanksgiving, and we were stringing the lights. Since I'm the smallest person in my family, I would go around the back of the tree (it's in a corner in the living room) and fix them back there while my mother hung them on the front.

Now, neither of us thought anything about the fact that we have two cupboards on the wall behind the tree. Or that these cupboards have tiny sharp knobs hanging off the bottom of them. Or that they're only about four feet above the ground while I am 5'6".

I was crouched down, untangling lights, and handed them around to my mother, and since my back was hurting, I straightened to stand back up until she handed them back around to me. Now, this is all second-hand information because I don't remember a thing about it, but my mother tells me I stood up, directly into the knob, and that the thud was quite impressive. Apparently, I stood there a moment, with my head still against the knob, then I stepped out from under it, out from behind the tree, walked to a chair, sat down, and then proceeded to pass out for about thirty seconds.

If we can blame youth, my personal favorite (and thankfully one I also can't remember) would have been when I was four and liked the smell of Tide detergent powder. I was sitting in the floor, smelling the box, and decided that since the powder smelled so good, if I put my nose REALLY REALLY close to it, it would smell even better. ...unfortunately, being four, REALLY REALLY close changed to "into" and of course we all know that if you want to get a good smell of something, you have to really take a DEEEEEP breath...

To this day, I hate the smell of the laundry aisle in the store.
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I managed to put a *dent* in my head at camp...

I bent over to pick up something on the floor...and forgot about the protruding handle on the soda cooler. Let's just say that when I came back up, I saw stars and nearly blacked out I was a bit loopy the rest of the day
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I used to have this habit of running off the porch of my dad's house, and then jumping the two steps instead of walking down them. Unfortunately, when I was about 15, I guess I had hit a growth spurt and didn't realize. I cracked my head on a crossbeam and fell straight down on my ass. I think I was knocked out for a split second, because I remember hitting my head, and I remember finding myself on the ground, but I don't remember going down.

Needless to say, I broke that habit pretty quick.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth KuzcoLlama View Post
            When the days are sometimes boring, it helps to have people like Awkward Teenage boy (giant backpack and ruined spine not sold separately).
            Collect the entire line of Awkward Teenage Toys, including Awkward Teenage Girl, Awkward Teenage Stolen Liquor, Awkward Teenage Parents Van, and Awkward Teenage Morning After!

I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
            X