This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BullSh**!! (vent/language)

Okay, we get rumors about how my department (the BDC department) in the dealership would close down, but you, D the GM tell us that the rumors are false, but yet tell the software reps that we are closing within earshot of me and my co-workers and in front of us at R's desk too! Then there's corporate coming in on Wednesday and considering me and one of my co-workers being greeters in the showroom. WTF. We applied to be appointment setters! I refuse to do it if it's for less than what we make is a lousy $9/hour. Then there's the fact that the three of us in the BDC always have to chase after the salesmen about if a customer showed up for their appointment and/or got a sale. For the love of all things holy, get your shit together, PLEASE! On top of that, you (used car salesmen) expect us to call customers to say if we don't have that car on the lot anymore!! That's not the BDC's job, that's yours! That's why y'all are the SALESMEN!!!!! GAH!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Why would they want you to call, when they could try selling the people another car? Your boss sounds like a real class act himself, telling you one thing and the people not in your department another. If they are planning on downsizing the least they could do is give prior warning so that you guys could look for new jobs if necessary.

Good luck with your job status.
    The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
    If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
      Okay, we get rumors about how my department (the BDC department) in the dealership would close down, but you, D the GM tell us that the rumors are false, but yet tell the software reps that we are closing within earshot of me and my co-workers and in front of us at R's desk too!
      Quoth aniwahya View Post
      If they are planning on downsizing the least they could do is give prior warning so that you guys could look for new jobs if necessary.
      By(US) federal law* they may have to depending on the number of workers employed and number affected by the layoff/downsize-if they meet the criteria(critierion?)-they can be heavily fined for not complying with federal law.

The WARN(Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act) act:

WARN offers protection to workers, their families and communities by requiring employers to provide notice 60 days in advance of covered plant closings and covered mass layoffs. This notice must be provided to either affected workers or their representatives (e.g., a labor union); to the State dislocated worker unit; and to the appropriate unit of local government.

In general, employers are covered by WARN if they have 100 or more employees, not counting employees who have worked less than 6 months in the last 12 months and not counting employees who work an average of less than 20 hours a week.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

My boss has been clear that we cannot tell the customers anything technical: car inventory, price etc. He's tried forever to get the salesmen to get their act together with keeping track of the customers (the shows/solds, etc.) and communication. Nothing at that place is ever organized.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
        X