This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computers

Well we have three computers in the office all together (two side by side and one stacked on top) and one of them's been making noises. We could never tell which because they're all so close. Campus tech came in today to have a look and they were telling them what all the computer had been doing.

Apparently the other night the computer had been mooing. It turns out it's the computer that I do the key cards on. While I'm really hoping that computer doesn't crash because that's a hell of a lot of stuff I'd have to add back, I'm highly amused that that was the noise it was making. Apparently it needs a new hard drive and fan. Here's to hoping the handicap doors still work like they should while it's down.
    Last edited by Shangri-laschild; 06-03-2008, 07:50 PM.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

oh! I know what you mean! The mooing comes from the fan in the computer. (The fan speeding up and slowing down sounds similar to a cow mooing) My own Compaq did that but was never a problem until a year after it started to Moo. It... uh... crashed hardcore. -_- Tell your boss it's time for an upgrade.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      oh! I know what you mean! The mooing comes from the fan in the computer. (The fan speeding up and slowing down sounds similar to a cow mooing) My own Compaq did that but was never a problem until a year after it started to Moo. It... uh... crashed hardcore. -_- Tell your boss it's time for an upgrade.
      Luckily it's an important enough computer that it wasn't even a question so much as a "when's the best time since it might screw with the handicap doors". Of course one of the officers offered to stand at the main door and look pretty while holding it open. I just wish I had gotten to hear the noise. Luckily they'll take care of it before it crashes because nearly every faculty/staff member has a key card and I would have to reenter all of that really really quickly if it got lost.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Good luck on that.

I'm still trying to get a new computer for my work and it still hasn't happened.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Luckily our campus tech is fairly quick about things here. The maintenence people might take forever, but you computer will usually get fixed in a good amount of time.

Might I suggest shooting it?

Comment

I wish I could shoot the darned thing. But it's the only computer we have to check guests in.

(We have a backup, but it's.... a piece of shit)

Comment

Wow that sucks. Stuff like that really needs to get fixed before it crashes.

Comment

Yeah, but my boss isn't exactly the brightest guy out there....

Comment

Working...
                X