This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee Thanks....NOT!

I just got word today from my boss that my department (the BDC department) will be closing. We won't be laid off, but they'll have us and the receptionists as greeters in the new and used car lots. My fellow appointment setters and I unfortunately will be losing out on our bonuses, but management will try to figure out a way to make up for that in our wages. What I'm pissed off about is that when we first heard about it and the GM pulled us into the office for a meeting, he told us then that the BDC department wouldn't close. Instead we heard something totally different when the software reps came by the BDC room and in front of us and within earshot no less, the GM tells them that we are indeed closing! Now I get word about it being actually true. Why the fuck couldn't/didn't they tell us the truth in the first place like they should've?!!! Aside from that, the greeter job is bullshit. We go up to customers, try and get their information from them to set up appointments or sales. Yeah, like I want to be walking around in a car lot in the hot sun or in a showroom being yelled at just because I'm trying to do my job. Screw that. I'll stick with it...until I can find something better.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
    Now I get word about it being actually true. Why the fuck couldn't/didn't they tell us the truth in the first place like they should've?!!!

--SNIP--

Screw that. I'll stick with it...until I can find something better.
    And that, right there, is the answer to the question. If management had been honest with you, they might have lost you before they closed out the position, which could have left them with a problem. Now, since they've kept you through the closing of the position, it's your problem.

I didn't say it was a nice thing. I just said that was the answer.

And it sucks. I'm sorry it happened to you.

Comment

Bastards. I'm sorry.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        Bastards. I'm sorry.
        Thanks. Tomorrow corporate is visiting the dealership and that's when we'll really know when this is all going to come into effect. Besides that, the finance managers got word that they'll have a pay cut. Since I first heard about the rumor of the BDC department closing from my co-worker, I started putting out resumes online like mad. I would go out and apply in person, but that's impossible considering my work schedule right now, which will change once I being my new position as a Greeter.

Comment

Sounds like they are avoiding paying unemployment...
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
            Sounds like they are avoiding paying unemployment...
            You hit the nail on the head. Hell, they've made pay cuts on the Finance Managers salaries and others as well. Once I do the Greeter thing, I won't get my bonuses anymore. Big suckfest.

Comment

Working...
            X