This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No! Not that one.

I was reminded today of this amusing incident.

Late one night our gents flooded. We closed it off and prepared to direct male customers coming out of the screens to the disabled toilet. Now the disabled toilet is opposite the gents and next to the ladies.

Anyway a teenage lad comes out of his film, and I say, "This toilet is flooded, please use that one," and point opposite. The lad goes in to the ladies. We see this and laugh, knowing that he isn't going to see anything he shouldn't and there aren't any customers in there anyway.

However, B, our team leader comes rushing out, shocked. "You sent him in there deliberately!"
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

That's nothing. When I was working at the grocery store(lo, those many years ago), the managers decided to change the bathroom cleaning policy. No longer was it the domain of the stock crew, it had become front- services problem and therefore *my* problem. Why I was the only one capable of this, I don't know.
    Cleaning the Ladies wasn't too terribly bad. The feminine sanitary trash containers were a bit icky, but I had gloves. It was the Mens restroom that gave me shudders. I *always* had to mop up mis-aims, wipe the seats and in some cases the walls, and deal with the smell of urine. And some people didn't care that I, as a female, was in there when they needed the facilities. I had one *gentleman* (can't say what I really want to call him) come in, unzip, and let fly all the while leering at me as though I would be suddenly overcome with lust for him.
    I'm pretty sure I would have needed a magnifying glass to see it in the first place!
    What's going on? Where are we going? And why are we in this hand-basket!?!

Comment

Working...
    X