This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Making A Serious Consideration

I'm seriously considering going back to the call center business. In another week or two I will be going from an Appointment Setter to a Greeter for the dealership. Besides that going on, there's been other departments in my Ford dealership and others (including the manufacturing plants) feeling the sting of pay cuts or layoffs due to the low sales in trucks and SUV's due to gas prices (the contentious stuff will be left for fratching). When I become a Greeter, I'll lose out on my bonuses, but also I have to deal with SC's that'll tell me to bug of or worse because I need their driver's license to try and get them to do a test drive with a salesperson as an attempt to get sales in the dealership (and my fiance and his mom think that I should stay because it's an easy job...yeah right. ). I've worked with the public since I was 19, but I know that I'm much better suited on the phones than I am with people in person...especially when they get rude with me. I don't intend to make the call center thing something I'll do for life. I'm planning on going back to school to get my certificate to become a Medical Secretary, then work my way up to getting my degree in Health Information Management and certification as a Registered Health Information Technician then Registered Health Information Administrator. Right now, I just need to print out my resume, go and apply at my old job and right now find how to say why I want to leave the dealership nicely.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Maybe something along the lines of "Recent administrative changes have made remaining with X Company disadvantageous to my chosen career path"?
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I think all you really have to explain to your current company is that you enjoyed your job as an appointment setter and would like to continue that job, but that isn't and option and the only option available is something that in no way interests you. Everyone should be on good terms then, because most managers understand that if you applied and interviewed for a certain position yoou had your reasons for doing so and that a change in position just might not work out. A lot of companies expect that.
      ETA I am speaking from somewhat personal experience, not quite the same, but when I was at National Car Rental I applied for and interviewed for a front desk position, they told me the only position I could start immediately on was at the return line, I agreed on the condition that it be a short term situation that I would be moved into the first opening on the front desk (I knew, and they knew that I knew, that my health couldn't handle a long term job in the parking garage, as it turns out I have permanent lung scaring that cannot conclusively be linked to working in the parking garage that occurred during that time... uhuh, corporate cop out if I heard one... anyway back on topic) after 6 months when nothing had opened up on the front desk and my health was starting to go bad I turned in my notice and my managers response was "I must say I am somewhat surprised, considering that was not the position you applied for, that you waited this long to quit". So yes, a lot of managers understand leaving a job because it wasn't the job you original were aiming for or were originally in.
      Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 06-07-2008, 08:48 PM.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X