Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well today I sent a complaint email to the head office of the Deprtment of Public Safety.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment for 1:30 pm for a drive test.

It's the squeaky wheel that complains, complains, complains....that gets the grease.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

It is the same in PA. I failed that twice. Once I passed it and got on the road, I passed.
      "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

In alaska you pay a private company $50 to do your test, or you can do it at the DMV, but they're booked solid for months. the first time I took it a truck was speeding through an area that the view was blocked by a fence, and the tester had to turn the wheel, as I had already turned my head to look the other way, so he had to fail me, then I passed it the second time(probably wouldn't have passed at the DMV, I went a little over the speed limit and forgot to let him read the stop sign when i stopped a couple times, things that everybody does all the time)

Am I the only one that finds parallel parking to be very easy? I think I practiced it once, nailed it, then did it on each of the driver's tests, nailed both of them, and I've only gotten to use it a couple times since. I have a hell of a time in the parking lots that you park perpendicular to traffic flow though, I always have to back out once to get the car in straight

Comment

I don't want to jinx myself (knocking on wood as I type) but I've never had a problem at the DMV. The longest I've ever had to wait was 30 minutes. I just had to renew my license in January and I walked in, filled out the form, did the eye test, got my picture taken and had my new license in hand about 10 minutes after I walked in the door.

Comment

I passed it my first time around. The state troopers are the proctors. They are good, if you can drive the car without endangering anyone, they pass you. I got bonus points for looking down the wrong way of a one way street. My instructor who was in the backseat told me that I don't have to, but the officer corrected him saying that I was being a defensive driver by looking just in case anyone was coming the wrong way.

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
              Well today I sent a complaint email to the head office of the Deprtment of Public Safety.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment for 1:30 pm for a drive test.

It's the squeaky wheel that complains, complains, complains....that gets the grease.
              Nice one. Best of luck!
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Well you can miss 30 points and I missed 35 (blew the parallel parking), but what bugs me is that he took off 7 points because;

"You did not turn your head far enougth when looking both ways while crossing the intersections"

And he took off points because I did not change lanes fast enought when he told me too. He ignored the car that was shooting up and by me at he time.

My dad thinks he got chewed out by a supervisor after my complaint and decided to nit pick.

Comment

Ah, the DMV...

When I took my driver's test...it was at the state police barracks. Nothing too hard about it. I was asked to turn on the headlights (part of the test is to operate your vehicle's controls), which I did. I put the Tempo into gear, and off we went. 3-point turn was easy--pull into the spot, reverse, crank the wheel, pull out. Go around the corner and into the serpentine (cones) course. Got through most of this fine. However, about 7/8 through...that goddamn car's power steering pump went and I clipped a cone. Instant failure Due to snow and my father working, I couldn't take the test again for another month At least the second time was no problem.

At least now, I no longer have to deal with the DMV directly--all licensing services are now handled at the AAA office. When I got my license renewed, it only took a few minutes.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

A warning to all Oklahoma members!

I am legal driver now, so beware,.......beware......

Comment

Congratulations!

I didn't have to parallel park for my test. I got it at 26, never took driver's ed in my life. Just went in, took the written, passed it. Made an appointment with a tester (mostly off duty cops) and took the road test. The guy was nice, and only took off points for failure to signal. My blinker was being weird and wouldn't work. But whatever, I passed!

If I had to parallel park to pass, I would have failed. Without question. I still can't do it. Luckily, I don't have to.
                      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                        Bullshit like this is why i refuse to get a license. It's not worth all the hassle as long as public transportation exists.
                        Good for you. Must be nice living somewhere with public transport.

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
                        I don't want to jinx myself (knocking on wood as I type) but I've never had a problem at the DMV. The longest I've ever had to wait was 30 minutes. I
                        I have to go to the DMV this month, the renew some stuff. I'm really dreading it. They want you to do everything online, or...at the drive through window. I HATE drive throughs. I hate sitting there, wasting gas while I wait, forever for the line to move. But they don't want you to go inside...cause, apparently, it takes even longer. Blah.

I'm another that doesn't know how to parallel park. If it would have been required, I'd have failed the test.
                        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                          Good for you. Must be nice living somewhere with public transport.

Sure, it's nice now and i do take advantage of it. But when i lived in Baltimore i didn't have that luxury. There wasn't a bus stop within walking distance of where i lived and cabs are way too expensive around there. So i spent a lot of time getting rides from people. I so much prefer to be able to get around on my own...even if it means riding buses and walking a lot. But not everyone needs to drive just to be able to get around.
                          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

The closest thing to "Public Transportation" here is when someone's cattle get loose.

Also, after all these years, it really feels strange to be in a car all by myself.

Comment

Working...
                            X