Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You utter and total moron (warning upsetting)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You utter and total moron (warning upsetting)

This post may upset some, if you are easily upset please do not read.

I was at work having a look at the calls over the previous night to make sure there wasn't somewhere I'll need to concentrate or be anywhere at a particular time (Its called self briefing) when I read one call which I will summarise below

Time call logged 08:30
    Location House that backs on to alleyway
    Caller Utter prick who hasn't a concept of urgency

Text
    I heard a woman screaming at 01:30 this morning and I thought you should know about it.
    (Call linked to ...)

(end summary)

Right. So you heard a woman continually screaming SEVEN HOURS AGO and you phone it in now.

Right, lets see what the call was linked to.

A report of a rape.

I know its a slim chance but if this sac of ooze that has managed to dial a phone now actually let us know at the time we could have caught the bastard red handed rather than having a full blown investigation now. I hope he can bear his concience I really do. I know I couldn't.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

asshat

Words can't express the anger I feel right now.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I hope someone else called in at 1:30.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

mbmbmbmb.... Just..... AH!
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          I hope someone else called in at 1:30.
          I think it was the Victim who phoned it in herself... (from what I can vaguely recall...)
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

So you heard a woman continually screaming SEVEN HOURS AGO and you phone it in now.

I just have to ask...are you fucking kidding me? Pardon my French, but what the fuck? Would it be wrong of me to hope the guy gets hit by a bus?
            Last edited by protege; 06-09-2008, 07:59 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot and can't type :p
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Why that !
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

.... OK why can't he be arrested and put in jail where someone will ignore his screaming for hours on end... seriously WTF

Comment

Oh, Kitty was referenced in The Boondock Saints movie! Now I get it!
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth badgegirl007 View Post
                    I know they are trying to say that the reports of neighbors not reacting were false, but I have worked at a police department and I have seen this type of stuff happen. Like my first post a few lines up, I was not exaggerating when I said that everyone will call to complain about petty shit but when their interference will actually save someone from a tragedy, they all suddenly forget how to dial 911
                    Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    Oh, Kitty was referenced in The Boondock Saints movie! Now I get it!
                    I don't take it nearly as far as the MacManus boys did (I haven't broken laws, let alone killed anyone!), but I take the line about the inaction of good men to heart. There is no excuse, other than a direct and substantial threat to your life, not to help someone in that kind of need. Calling 911 from your locked apartment does not pose that kind of threat.

I live my life by a few simple rules. One of the most important is: If you every find yourself thinking "Someone should do something about this..." the next thought out of your brain should be "... and I'm Someone," not "... but I don't want to get involved." After all, if you don't think it's important enough to "get involved", why should anyone else?
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

WHY THAT LITTLE !
                      "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Man, I will jump up in the middle of anything with fists flying, so making a phone call is NOTHING. There's been a few incidents of my mom having to correct me ("Go get a policeman" rather than "Break up a knife fight barehanded"), but I was raised that if it's happening within my line of sight, it IS my business.

It's just laziness, pure and simple. I can see a 90-pound woman not wanting to get physically involved against some 6'7" punk, but even she can make a phone call from a safe distance.
                        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                        X