This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Monkey

I take care of the keys for the college I work at. The people before me didn't do the best of jobs and so the keys are a disorganized mess. Lucky for me, I like to organize things. I just got a new computer program to keep track of everything which is awesome. The only problem is that before entering everything in, I need to do basically a core audit. This means I go to every single door in the college and check what key opens it. I also have to update our list of what each room is. Because wandering around the college opening people's doors doesn't work so well I asked Chief if I could do a week of overnights instead of my regular shift. This way I'm not having to worry about the staff being a problem.

Apparently I should have thought this through better though. I am a jumpy person as it is. I don't tend to watch many scary movies even because if I do, my imagination tends to get a bit too active. And I just volunteered to walk around a partly dark building that makes odd noises, by myself at night. The hall lights are on but most of the room lights are off. Having one of our big maglights has made me a bit less jumpy, though the first person who thinks it's funny to jump out at me may get a flashlight to the face just on impulse before I even think about it.

So I'm already fairly jumpy as I've been wandering the building most of the 6 hours I've already been on shift. I was dealing with a particularly creepy part of the building. My map for it wasn't correct so I had no clue what rooms were where exactly. I get to one of the rooms to take a look inside to check what is in it and as I step in all of a sudden I hear this strange wolf whistle. To say my heart nearly jumped out of my chest is a slight understatement. Looking around, I find the source. One of those damn motion sensor stuffed monkeys that makes noise. The scare was enough that the last two hours of my shift are going to be spent in the office entering stuff into the computer program.

On the plus side, my friend J works overnights and has gone with me for some of the parts of the building like the theater which I refused to go through all of by myself. J hates clearing that area and he's got a gun. All I've got is a flashlight On the parts he's gone with me for, he's been teaching me about clearing rooms and how to assess threats. Now if only I could get the hang of being less jumpy!
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

You poor thing! Have a nice hot cup of tea and a cookie, I'll scare the monsters out!

Has anyone seen my colander helmet and gulf club??
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

A REAL LIFE SILENT HILL!!

Yeah, no, couldn't do that job. I have a hard enough time trying to clean the store by myself up front, and I jump every time I see my reflection in one of our mirrors

Ill hire you to inspect my closets and behind my shower curtains every night before I go to bed though

Comment

so long as i can get over my ocassional overactive imagination that tells me there is a headcrab (a monster from halflife) in every airduct, bathtub, around every corner, etc etc etc... i could do that job but i'd probaly break down hysterically when i saw a random shoe or ball (hell my own knee made me freak out when i in bed (i thought it was a headcrab )

Comment

Cyphr, have you played the PC Side Scrolling game for Halflife? Dude, the Headcrabs on the poeple? Look like little Cthulus!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yeah we have 8 wings of the main campus and 4 smaller buildings as well. I've got half of the 1st floor of the 4th wing. Considering the 1st wing was done before I started the overnights, I'm thinking I'm going to have to do at least another week of this! Luckily, next week I go on vacation so I'll get a bit of a break.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
            X