This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supersize My Change, Please

I don't know where this should go, so it's ending up here.
    Just a funny little story.

Friend and I go to McD's and get some food. He pays with a $10, and his order was slightly less than nine. Clerk gives him a $10 back (instead of a $1) and some change, as if he'd paid with a $20.
    He didn't realize it until after we'd left, but the running joke was to ask the McD people to supersize your change.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Did he go back and return the change?? I definetly would. Even if I'd gotten all the way home I'd hurry back and return it. I would do that anyway, but especially since I did cashiering last summer, I know how bad it looks and feels to be short on your drawer.

Comment

I'm rather curious if he returned the change or not.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

No, I do not believe he did. I could say something like "we were just stupid high school kids that had never been audited because their drawer was off," but frankly, I wouldn't accept that excuse.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

if it was a person, i'd probably return it.

but one time at wal mart(before i got hired) i went through self check and got too much change, no one to get in trouble there, just equipment malfunction

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
            but one time at wal mart(before i got hired) i went through self check and got too much change, no one to get in trouble there, just equipment malfunction
            Actually, the person monitoring the self checks are responsible for all of them. if they come up short, it's the same as if the cashier gave too much change.

It sucks, but it's true.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

How long ago was this? I would have returned it. It would have sucked, if he had been his last chance.

Granted, how he got to his last chance might have been bad. But had ya guys been honest and returned it....

Also, slightly curious as to what you meant by

Quoth Apathy View Post
              No, I do not believe he did. I could say something like "we were just stupid high school kids that had never been audited because their drawer was off," but frankly, I wouldn't accept that excuse.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                if it was a person, i'd probably return it.

Actually I did have that happen to me once, I was supposed to get 3 dollars back, but instead I got 30!! Turned out that the machine had been stocked with 10s instead of 1s. Guess it was a good thing I was honest.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  Actually, the person monitoring the self checks are responsible for all of them. if they come up short, it's the same as if the cashier gave too much change.

It sucks, but it's true.
                  WTF! That's messed up!
                  My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Working...
                  X