This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing The Customer

Does anyone else get a delight out of pretending to act like a customer? My partner and I get a huge kick out of acting like we are going to do some of the things customers do on a regular basis.

Some examples:

If you forget a PW for any of our tools, you have to call a help desk and verify the last four digits of your SSN to get it reset. We'll pretend we're going to tell the people at the HD that "we just don't feel comfortable giving that info out over the phone" or "How dare you ask me that? It's ILLEGAL for you to have that information" because our customers frequently do this when we ask them to verify the last four of the SSN that we keep on file.

Or, if we're out shopping, we'll talk about how we should walk out without paying because "there ain't no notice sayin' we gots ta pay," a common line of our customers being "whu? they ain't sent me no notice" when they're suspended for not paying their bill for 60 days.

We would never actually do any of these things to people who wouldn't understand them, but we find it hilarious to plot about doing them. Anyone else do something similar to this?

The tomato thing hasn't been a huge deal in Wisconsin, but one local family restaurant isnt't serving tomatoes temporarily, and my (now ex) boyfriend and I were out to eat Friday night, and as soon as I saw it on the menu, I did a facepalm and pretended to be an EW, saying "No tomatoes! How dare they not have tomatoes! I am an important busy woman and I simply cannot do without tomatoes!" to the waitress. But in all fairness, I went to high school with her and worked with her at the truck stop, and she knew I was joking. She even played along and said "I am so sorry for this inconvenience ma'ame, would you like a free meal and gift certificates for life?!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I havn't heard of a single person within 500 miles of here who has gotten sick from eaten tomatoes (exception being a friend of mine with allergies that forgot to ask them to hold the tomato he was just allergic enough to get sick but no real harm) but everyone at work seems to actually be worried about it. What was it 200 cases last I heard and theres a big country wide scare. People are just to damn jumpy.

Sorry for my offtopic rant.

Comment

228 cases in a country of 300 million. That's 1 case for every 1.3 million. Why are people turning into Chicken Little???

--Dave

Comment

"A person is smart. People are stupid."
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            "A person is smart. People are stupid."
            I beg to differ. The Wisdom of Crowds.

Comment

Quoth DaemonLee View Post
              I beg to differ. The Wisdom of Crowds.
              Sorry, but the quote "...a diverse collection of independently-deciding individuals..." means they're not talking about a Crowd, they're talking about a statistically significant sampling of Persons.

Besides, we're talking about the "traditional crowd psychology" they specifically say the book is avoiding.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Less off topicness more examples please!

Comment

I've got a regular who sometiems says "I forget what pump I'm on and how much it was, I guess that means I get it for free." Then grins and says pump number whatever and pays. (He used to have my job and had a few people seriously try that on him)

Comment

Not many of my friends work at gas stations anymore, but I used to always want to come up to the counter and throw a fit over being carded for smokes, and be all dramatic like "HOW DARE YOU? I'VE BEEN 18 FOR 3 DAYS!".....but I never did.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I kinda did what blas did.

I went out to eat with some friends of mine and I asked the waitress (another friend of mine) if their restaurant was one of the ones affected by the tomato recall and it was. I responded with "What? How can you not have tomatoes? This is ridiculous! You have no idea who I am, I am a very important person. I'll have your job for this!"
                      "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Whenever I call the bookstore from elsewhere I say "I'm looking for the book about that guy who did that thing in that place back then." It's a shame I can't do voices.
                        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                          Whenever I call the bookstore from elsewhere I say "I'm looking for the book about that guy who did that thing in that place back then." It's a shame I can't do voices.
                          I've met people who could actually find the book you're looking for off of that. Everyone was telling them they needed to ditch the day-job and go into forensic.s
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                          X