This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dissatisfied customer!

My local newsrag's website has a forum where you talk about politics, sports, things going on in town, and so forth.

Somebody posted the following about an experience they recently had at my store (name changed to protect the innocent--i.e. me, and some typos fixed to make the meaning more clear: )

My wife and I went looking for flowers at the outdoor Hell display and found exactly what we wanted in a couple minutes. When we went to check out (the outdoor one) no one was there and at least three customers were waiting to pay for selections.

One customer even went back into the outdoor display area to try to find someone to check us out...no one there.

We all could have walked out with our selections if we had wanted and no one would have been the wiser ... unless, of course, they had some type of surveillance camera system.

After waiting another five minutes at the checkout, we all decided to leave ... one woman courteously put her selections back on the shelves ... the rest of us did not. My wife had picked out at least $30 worth of potted selections.

We went to Wal-mart ... a worker in the outdoor area said we would find a better selection of what we might want in the indoor area on the north end of the building. We got what we wanted ... it turned out to be about two-thirds of the price of Hell ... a young man at the entry way to the display area walked us to right where the selections we wanted were on display. We ended up paying $18.50 for better-looking potted plants than Hell had, and felt much better because this young man and the nice young lady at the checkout were courteous and helpful.

For those who hate Wal-Mart ... think again ... think customer service.
    My company prides itself on providing an "outstanding, convenient shopping experience" (read: our prices are higher than just about everyplace else) and to be compared negatively to Wally World is a real slap in the face. Our corporate suits will say "This looks like something Wal-Mart would do" if they find something on the salesfloor that looks bad and they want it fixed.

Fortunately for us people around here still have their hang-ups about Wally World, and we are one of only a handful of stores in our company whose sales are up from last year. Still, my company used to pride itself on having a nice-looking, well-staffed garden center full of attractive plants and knowledgeable employees. Now the plants look like crap because they don't get pruned or deadheaded, plants had been dying because they weren't being sufficiently watered, and there's only one or two people out there at any given time who have little to no training on plants, flowers, fertilizers and other things people ask questions about out there.

Basically, in our garden center, we sell miserable-looking plants for more than other stores, and good luck finding a cashier to ring up your purchases. Gee, sounds like a winning business plan to me!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

"Gee boss, look what I found."
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: I first found out about it when my supervisor brought in a printed copy somebody else on our crew gave to her.

Somehow it found its way to the store manager's desk. And then it will somehow mosey over to our manager's desk, because store manager leans on our manager more than he does on the others.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

wait a sec. the customer says that most of them did not put away their plants. am i to take that as they all stole plants? cuz thats what it sounds like to me, and i dont know if id bust myself out like that just to make a point. maybe i have reading comprehension issues today, i dunno.
        Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

I read it as they just left them at the checkout . . .they didn't bother to put them back where they found them.

Comment

Working...
          X