Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may commence the trout-slapping...

As I was taking my evening walk around the neighborhood, a disturbing thing occurred to me: I have already started to think about Christmas.

Yup, here it is June 16, and I've got chocolate Santas, popcorn tins, carols, fights over hot toys, vastly overpriced holiday chotchkies, working third shift, and most of all, the delightful onslaught of holiday SCs and EWs on the brain.

We haven't even started the second-busiest season of the fiscal year, and I'm already fretting over the first.

As I always say, there are several things wrong with me. Retail brothers and sisters, do your worst. I can take it. I deserve it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Use your wicked Voo-doo and tell me what this year's hot "Must Have" toy will be so I can avoid it like the plague.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

You may be only thinking about it, but just guess what's on my next truck.

That's right. CHRISTMAS STUFF.

Hold me.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

You know, it's kinda reassuring to know my store isn't first to jump on the Christmas sleigh.

And also very very sad.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

TELL me about it. My SM doesn't usually let me touch that stuff until after my birthday (and Halloween) because I really don't like to merge all my holidays (she's awesome like that).

It's too EARLY to deal with Christmas crap!

Comment

I got yelled at today for noting that we are two sets away from christmas. It kinda freaks people out a little bit
            They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              because I really don't like to merge all my holidays
              So you're saying you don't want to celebrate "Thansgivoweenmas*" with me?

*celebrated by carving a pumpkin, and stuffing it with a turkey wearing a santa hat(or while wearing a santa hat, or carving santa into the pumpkin and giving it as a gift-either one works)
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Blaque...have you been reading Ctrl-Alt-Delete's archives?

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  Blaque...have you been reading Ctrl-Alt-Delete's archives?
                  WINTERENMAS ROCKS!!!!

ahem...don't look at me when it comes to holidays...I start my christmas shopping sometime in october...that way I have time during the holiday season for parties, baking my famous gingerbread cookies, rum balls, buckeyes, double chocolate chip cookies, homemade biscotti, cheese straws, and double dipped preztels.

~neglects to say where I live so I don't have an onslaught of people banging down my door~

I agree though....normally around where I live christmas things come out JUST before halloween! I mean good lord people...don't get me started on so called christians that come out preaching about how christmas is their holiday...and how jesus was born then....he was born in early spring. "good christians" actually stole a druidic holiday and called it their own while burning said belivers at the stake. ORGINIAL SC's I believe...
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

For those of us who celebrate Festivus, Christmas isn't very intimidating.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                      ~neglects to say where I live so I don't have an onslaught of people banging down my door~
                      I DARN YOU TO HECK FOR 15 MINUTES!

*Angry Monkey Point*

Comment

Ya know... it's bad to slap trout. They're not as tasty if you do.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Uh...would this be the right place and time to mention I've been listening to my "Have A Very Bass* Christmas" CD?

*House/techno, not the fish
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X