Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manager from the past(Arby's) visits McDonald's.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager from the past(Arby's) visits McDonald's.

AM: Arby's manager.
    GM: General manager.
    DM: District manager.
    FM: Floor manager.

Today was somewhat entertaining at McDonald's. I use to work at an Arby's on the other side of town. One of the managers there(AM) was transfered to the Arby's across the street from the McDonald's I am currently working at. I haven't seen him in about 2 years. Anyway, it was lunch time and I got done making some meat. I look over in the dining room and noticed GM and DM talking to each other and a familiar face from behind the lobby caught my eye. It was AM! And yes, he was in his Arby's uniform, name tag and all. He was talking to FM and FM was giving him the look. Then AM walks over to GM and DM. At first they're like , then I see AM mutter some words, then GM and DM also both give him the look and give him a response. Then AM leaves. Well, I was curious to know what was going on, and I thought maybe FM might have known him.

Me: Hey FM, you know AM?
    FM: Huh? Who's AM?
    Me: That guy you was just talking to. From Arby's.
    FM: Dude, that guy asked if we had a CO2 tank they could borrow.
    Me: Say what?!!!!!!!.................

Wow, and to think I thought he was one of the brightest managers at Arby's. I'm really surprised to see him do something like this. On the plus side, it made my day a little bit brighter.

Someone didn't get his order through in time!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Or was exceptionally busy. I worked at a pizzeria, and more than once I had to get a tank refilled before the new deliveries. Typically I dropped them at a fire safety company on the way to a delivery and picked it up on the way back.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I forgot, but what is CO2 and why did the Arby's AM need a tank?
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

CO2=carbon dioxide.

Needed for the soda dispenser to add carbonated water to syrup.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I thought as such but wasn't sure. Thanks, Irv.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Meh..
              I don't see it as weird, just a little desperate/inventive. There's competition, and then there''s being a good neighbor. I don't blame the managers for saying no.. but it definatly didn't hurt to ask.

If he sat down and had a meal..yeah..

Comment

Arby's is just so much better than McDonalds that I could understand him having a meal

they should have offered to sell it to him for a high price

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                  Arby's is just so much better than McDonalds that I could understand him having a meal

they should have offered to sell it to him for a high price
                  I don't know what you're talking about. This wasn't an order. He needed a CO2 tank. I can't say I agree with Arby's being better than McDonald's either.

Comment

It depends.

There are 3 McDonalds around here and 3 Arby's. Some days, you get the icky almost ready to be tossed fries....some days you don't...
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We did that when I worked fast food.

At Quizno's we ran out of Coke, so the manager borrowed a box from the manager of a restaurant she used to work at. The owner wasn't happy he had to buy that restaurant Coke, but considering the alternative.

(I know Quizno's now serves Pepsi but back when dirt was clear they served Coke).

At BK we ran out of Ice, so we had to run over to Taco Bell next door with buckets and lug it back to BK. I got trusted for that job.

Comment

I've always found it fairly common for restaurants to help each other out in cases like this.

You're in competition for market share, not each individual lunch item. Basically, for a customer to be inconvenienced by a shortage they have to have already chosen your competitor over you for that meal.

If you don't lend a fellow eatery something what happens? A few of their customers may be disappointed. But probably not, since it is likely that they will have managed to borrow somewhere else.

What you WON'T get is all their business for the day. What you REALLY won't get is that case of napkins to get you through your lunch rush when YOU fall short on a delivery.

Comment

The pub near the cinema sent someone over for ice a few weeks ago. We were happy to give large amounts to them. They're not exactly competition though.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                          X