X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burned myself today...

I have pictures too...

45 minutes when I got home after work with it. Somehow I brushed the metal screw-bit thingy on our Iron that the steam hose plugs into.

Which is quite the feat considering that its on the far-right, and that's my LEFT arm, on the outside of the arm.

2 hours later. You can see the actual shape of the metal now. I iced it with a cold Ginger Ale and burn cream. Owwie.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Not to minimize your pain, just to empathize:

I get burned like that (or worse) at least once a week, and have for the last 14 years. I work restaurants, in case you were wondering how I could manage such a feat. And I'm clumsy, which doesn't seem to help matters.

*Passes some virtual aloe and virtual tequila your way*
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

IS tequila the one with the bug in it? :P

And thank you! I used to work in kitchens... I dont want to anymore though because Knives like to bite me!

I am currently cutting the head off a sport sock to make a kind of 'bandage' to go over it, since I'm poor and I dont want to raid works' medical cabinet.

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
        I am currently cutting the head off a sport sock to make a kind of 'bandage' to go over it, since I'm poor and I dont want to raid works' medical cabinet.
        Why shouldn't you raid work when you were injured at work? Owie, wishing you fast healing, burns can be tricky. How bad is it though? Pics can be difficult to gauge, but I hope you reported it while on the job. Should it result in blistering, peeling, or other "I should see a doctor" ickiness, you want work to pay for it. Besides, the medicine cabinet at work should have good medicine and has gauze that's more sanitary than your beloved sock. Nothing against your beloved sock or anything
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It's a ZOMBIE BITE! QUICK, SOMEONE GET EQ! SHE'S GOT THE ANTIDOTE!

Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Well, health care would cover the doctor's visit, and usually they throw in the bandage and stuff too. Just pills/extra stuff you pay for (At least, when I pulled my shoulder I didnt pay for the bandage or ice pack)

Its doing ok now. only hurting if I touch it or warm it up. The red's shrunken to around the blisters, which are of course, somewhat swollen (although not 'tight enough to be a bubble) and a kind of skin-colored grey. I'd say no more than 2nd degree, midrange or so.

I did raid some burn cream from the cabinet. Mostly I just have to keep it clean and covered.

Comment

I did raid some burn cream from the cabinet. Mostly I just have to keep it clean and covered.
              Keep yourself well hydrated too. Burns tend to draw water in the body, even if you don't blister much. Lots of water intake is good.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

and usually they throw in the bondage and stuff too.
                Edited for my amusement.
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I was TRYING To remember where I had said that!!! :P

Comment

Here's a burn conundrum for you:

You're working in a commercial kitchen, you take out a baking tray full of food which needs to go out except it slips slightly, despite the precautions you have taken, it slips and is now resting on and burning your forearm, now the real conundrum is....there's absoloutley nowhere clear to put it down, what do you do?

My soloution, run about frantically to find a place to put it down until I ended up on the other side of the kitchen finally finding a place to put it down.

Luckily, over the years my body has been so used to burns that it healed without even leaving any scarring.
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I've had that conundrum. Its why I didnt last long at Timmys

Bad depth perception + hot ovens HIGHER THAN EYE LEVEL+ VERY poorly designed donut racks + weak wrists =disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

I didn't last very long at the bakery I worked at either. But I was also only a temp hire -- they only needed me for a month.

Nice little burn on my arm; 800 degree oven + Human Flesh = something you never want to smell again.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I went to mow the lawn and ended up burning my whole hand....takes skill to lead a life like mine.

.....that or a special kind of idiocy >.<
                          Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Ooh, ouch! If you ever get that again, put toothpaste on it straight away and leave it until it dries. Just ordinary white toothpaste, though, not the gel kind. It sounds weird, but it really does work - I spilled hot oil on my legs once, and the toothpaste stopped the burns from developing. I only had a couple of little places where I didn't spread it on thick enough that blistered. In your case, aloe will make it better, and Vitamin E oil will help prevent, or at least minimise scarring.
                            God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Zombi: But chicks DIG scars!

Seriously. Its doing much better today. I have more photos if you guys want. It blistered, and then of course ahh, deflated, to put it in a non gross way.

Then while airing it out I absentmindedly rubbed some of it off. Gack.

I have bandages and polysporin today though. yay!

Comment

Working...
                              X