This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm about to go sc on the henry ford museum

seriously, someone at that museum needs to die... they told one of my guests that they would be receiving a free upgrade to a suite... they even put it on their website that you could get suites for the same rate as standards... and are people upset at the fucktards at the museum for putting the wrong information on the site, no they're pissed at me because I won't honor a rate promised by a completely unrelated entity...
    You know, I can understand honest mistakes, but just how incompetent does a company have to be to think that a hotel will be giving their customers free upgrades?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

So it's not just Mom and I who think that their website is screwy. Yay for us and yay for you by knowing that some people didn't fall for that.

Very incompetent btw.

Comment

I went to their website and couldn't find where they say you can get a suite for the same rate as a standard--but then again I didn't look too hard.

Still, assuming it's true, I'd also feel like getting in touch with them and having a frank discussion about writing checks one's butt can't cash.

I have to say though, the museum does sound like a neat place to visit, but I don't think I'd make a special trip to Detroit to do it.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It was up there this past weekend, I remember Mom mentioning it but they could have changed it by now due to...problems.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          I went to their website and couldn't find where they say you can get a suite for the same rate as a standard--but then again I didn't look too hard.

Still, assuming it's true, I'd also feel like getting in touch with them and having a frank discussion about writing checks one's butt can't cash.

I have to say though, the museum does sound like a neat place to visit, but I don't think I'd make a special trip to Detroit to do it.
          copied from the website...

Award-winning Victorian style hotel conveniently located just 2 miles from The Henry Ford. Choose from Jacuzzi suites, family and standard rooms. All of our spacious rooms offer free high speed internet access. Enjoy our complimentary upscale continental breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool.

The Henry Ford package includes tickets (Double Package: 2 tickets to two attractions; Family Package 4 tickets to two attractions) plus:

* Overnight accommodations with choice of 1 king or 2 queen beds
          * Disposable camera
          * Two bottles of water
          * Complimentary snacks
          * Complimentary shuttle

$149.95 + tax Double Package
          $184.99 + tax Family Package

so yeah, even knowing how the hotel industry works I could see it possible to think that the website is implying that suites are the same rate sense there is only one rate listed and no where on that page is there mention of upgrade charges... granted I'm sure most people are smart enough to realize that there must be a catch... but come on that is just encouraging SC behavior.

Comment

Oh yeah. I think I read that one--evidently I didn't pay too much attention to the wording.

Actually, I'm guessing the hotel provided the write-up and the museum simply put it up on the website as they received it. Hence the reference to "our complimentary upscale continental breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool". So perhaps your fearsome wrath should be visited upon the hotel instead.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Oh yeah. I think I read that one--evidently I didn't pay too much attention to the wording.

Actually, I'm guessing the hotel provided the write-up and the museum simply put it up on the website as they received it. Hence the reference to "our complimentary upscale continental breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool". So perhaps your fearsome wrath should be visited upon the hotel instead.
              it could be either... that is almost the exact same wording as the hotels description on their website, so it could be that the museum just copied and pasted from the website...

Comment

It sounds like the hotel and museum are completely seperate. I'd be ringing the hotel for the rates, I look at it and I figure that the prices listed are JUST for the entry package, doesn't say jackshit about the cost of the hotel room!

Comment

Wait, I'm missing something. Where does it mention upgrade? Is the king room or the two doubles the upgrade? Or are ppl assuming they can get anything they want for the listed price? In that case they're idiots and I blame the people.

A notation about a possible surcharge would be nice, however.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    Wait, I'm missing something. Where does it mention upgrade? Is the king room or the two doubles the upgrade? Or are ppl assuming they can get anything they want for the listed price? In that case they're idiots and I blame the people.

A notation about a possible surcharge would be nice, however.
                    yeah, the people are stupid... but that doesn't change the fact that the museum puts information up on our behalf that is easily misread by stupid people.

Comment

For some reason, I can see some persons reading "upscale" as "upgrade". Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X