This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst. First Day. Ever. (kida gory)

We have some new trainees on cash this week and three or four of them were in last night.
    I, personally, do not like training people, so told my coordinators that I would rather work alone than with someone new.
    Man did I choose the right option.

This was told to me at the end of the night and I (thankfully) didn't witness it.

A new guy is scanning items for a customer, gets to a glass vase and picks it up by the mouth of the vase.
    Little did he know the vase was cracked, and when he picked it up the heavy bottom gave out, it broke in his hand, embedding glass in his hand as well and slicing it up pretty good.

The girl who was training him (who told me this story) said he was bleeding so much and all over the place that so much of his blood was getting on her that she thought SHE was bleeding too.

The funny thing is, though, is the girl who was training him obviously was demanding he run to LP for first aid NOW and the new guy responded with, "No no, I'm really fine." And according to her he was very calm and composed and she had to start swearing at him and yelling at him to get first aid.

I guess he just figured it was more bloody than it was serious damage.

So how did this poor kid end his very first day at work?
    With a ride in an ambulance to the hospital for stitches.

Wow... that's amazing. I guess the guy figured he bleeds more then most poeple? I used to. A papercut would look like I had my hand chopped off.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Meh. Unless I have a finger unattached, I don't get too worried.

Hand wounds bleed all out of proportion to their seriousness.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        The funny thing is, though, is the girl who was training him obviously was demanding he run to LP for first aid NOW and the new guy responded with, "No no, I'm really fine." And according to her he was very calm and composed and she had to start swearing at him and yelling at him to get first aid.
        Glass (and sharp knives) can be a bastard like that. Doesn't hurt to much and often bleeds far more than you'd think possible from a small laceration. When you get a biggie it can be hard to tell
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
        X