This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy policies

Our GM is a stickler for paperwork. One thing he has had everyone do recently is read all of the company policies and sign to say they've read them.

So last night I read many, many policies, including the Travel policy. Anyway, the company's travel insurance won't cover me should I have to travel to Afganistan, Iraq, Chechnya or Yemen.

Fortunately, the furthest I've ever had to go is Birmingham.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

my condolences on having to go to birmingham
    "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
    set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post

So last night I read many, many policies, including the Travel policy. Anyway, the company's travel insurance won't cover me should I have to travel to Afganistan, Iraq, Chechnya or Yemen.
      Which happen to be unstable, war-torn places, so I can't really say I'm surprised.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Which happen to be unstable, war-torn places, so I can't really say I'm surprised.
        So... Oxford, London and Glasgow would be out as well, then?? :P
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Not exactly a crazy policy, I admit. But since the cinema chain doesn't have cinemas outside the British Isles, it makes you wonder why they put it in there.

And why they didn't include Zimbabwe, Burma, Somalia, and so on.
          Last edited by cinema guy; 06-21-2008, 11:32 PM.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
            Not exactly a crazy policy, I admit. But since the cinema chain doesn't have cinemas outside the British Isles, it makes you wonder why they put it in there.
            Probably a standard clause on the insurance policy either that or they have access to your companies, secret, expansion plans
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

so I'm guessing the North End of Springfield as well as the entertainment district are prohibited (if you don't live in the area... you won't get the joke)

Comment

Working...
              X