This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I'm very much alive

I got a call last night from a lady who ended up being just that cool, but the start of the conversation was a little weird.

I give my opening spiel and ask her how I can help her, she pauses for minute and then tells me she thought I was a computer because of how nice and flawlessly I speak. I laughed and told her thanks and that I am indeed alive and not a computer, just ask my children.

She ended up being a great customer to talk to, but being told I sound like a computer was a bit weird.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

I was once told I had a nice phone voice. Until I recorded myself to learn I sound like a 12 year old boy.

*is very much a girl, last time she checked*
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I do get told I have a nice phone voice, but listenig to myself on recorded calls makes me cringe! I think I sound like a little girl with a bad cold.

I also think I sound 10 times worse right now because my allergies are horrible, but both times I have been complimented on the way I speak it has been when my allergies are at their worse. It's very

Comment

The only perk is I can make myself sound like a little girl, which confuses the hell out of telemarketers.

My voice always sounded terrible when I have allergies too. I'm told it's cute because I squeak when I breathe. But it gets soooo annoying after the first four hours.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
          I also think I sound 10 times worse right now because my allergies are horrible, but both times I have been complimented on the way I speak it has been when my allergies are at their worse. It's very
          I get the same thing... that husky-voiced stuff is sexy, dontcha know
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
            I get the same thing... that husky-voiced stuff is sexy, dontcha know
            I'm not an allergy sufferer, but 9 times out of 10 I always end up with laryngitis whenever I catch a cold and I sound raspy and husky as hell. I hate the way my voice sounds when I listen to my recordings. I sound like a 13 year old girl.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I think I might have mentioned this on an earlier incarnation of the board, but when I was a receptionist at a Civil Engineering firm, my boss loved my voice so much, she asked me to the voice on the answering machine of the local chapter of NOW! I was very honored.

Other than that, when I'm answering a phone for any of the jobs I've had/have, I always give the males a pause, and they end up flirting with me. I've been asked out numerous times, and I've even had a few of my male friends tell me I could be a phone sex operator.

Comment

idrinkarum, I get told I would be a great phone sex operator too, which always makes a bit embarassed, since I think I sound horrid on the phone. I hate hearing myself on recordings.

People always get my daughter and I confused on the phone, since I'm told we sound almost alike on the phone. I use to get the goods from her friends, till my daughter told them to ask if they are talking to her, bummer!

Comment

Mis - the story of you & your daughter sounding alike, is hilarious!

Now, imagine my house, while growing up:

2 daughter, 1 mother & 1 father. Mother and daughters sound alike. Thoroughly confused everyone from my mom's parents & siblings down to mine & my sister's boyfriends.

Also, I don't like my recorded voice. I think I sound like a lost 8 year old girl.

Comment

Working...
                  X