Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Target we had The Target Real World, which was supposed to look like episodes of the Real World, with a group of Target employees living in the same house and talking about customer satisfaction and crap like that. I heard that they were so unbelievably bad and pointless that very few stores wasted the time showing them. Sadly I was one of the few who had sat through them.
    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post

So to summarize, I haven't watched many training videos I found useful or that gave me information I didn't already know.
      I cringe every time I hire someone, because I really do regret having to show the training videos I have to show. I honestly just want to film new versions using my staff, and actually have something realistic, but I doubt I could pull it off...
      Last edited by Broomjockey; 07-02-2008, 07:00 PM. Reason: edit quotes please
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Ah, Ames, how I miss thee (though you looked hotter in red, green was so not your color).

I can't remember any of our training videos from Home Depot. They're not terrible, but sooo boring. Wouldn't matter, anyway, I'm more of a "hands on" sort of guy when it comes to training. <_<
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

BP has/had a video presented by one of the stuntmen from Mad Max...

(opening montage of clips from Mad Max)
          stuntman: "My job's dangerous, and so is yours!"

examples of what not to do included:
          -smoking while reading the dips
          -pouring petrol on your clothes then waving a lit cigarette nearby
          -pouring petrol on the ground and trying to mop it up... while smoking

Comment

Stupid, unrealistic, out-of-date "training videos". Here ya go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUKDs...eature=related

I gots da skillz G!

Grill skillz!

Dawg!

Hey if you can "handle" that, check out this goofy crap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvl5z0k6vjg
            Last edited by ditchdj; 07-04-2008, 04:24 AM.

Comment

holy shnikes ... ~~shudder~~ sorry flash backs... i watched that movie 7 years after it was made. i feel dirty now.... im going to go sit in the shower now and cry
              This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
              my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                Stupid, unrealistic, out-of-date "training videos". Here ya go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUKDs...eature=related

I gots da skillz G!
                Holy monkey! Looks like he was telling the truth...

Well, apparently I ran into the actual, real, live not-the-actor-from-the-commercials Dave Thomas while eating at... ready for this?... McDonalds!
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Excerpt from training video teaching employees how to deal with disabled people:

Stupid Worker: (to blind man) What's your dog's name?
                  Blind Man: (sarky voice) Fang.

When that video was shown to me and a few other people, we all cracked up with laughter at that point. XD
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                    I was told that the training videos cost thousands. I've seen a sexual harassment video set that ran like $800-1600 ---- and it was only sexual harassment, nothing else.
                    The one they showed at my job was really pathetic. In one scene about "inappropriate behavior", it showed a guy wolf-whistling at a female coworker.

My first thought was, "Is it the 1950s?"
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Of course, let's all not forget about our common nemesis, no matter which branch of retail we're in or have been in. I speak of nothing other than that evil, decrepit, farsical....

GIVE THEM THE PICKLE.
                      Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Videos?? Pshaw I say.

My dad has training COMIC BOOKS from when he served during Vietnam. They had hawt, overly busty chicks "teaching" whatever in the books, and as you turn the pages, the girls would be wearing less and less clothing.

Want to learn how to fully disassemble, clean, and reassemble your firearm? Well, you will if you want to see Monica nekkid!

The armed forces apparently claim to not have used training techniques like this....but my dad has PROOF!
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Now that is motivation.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

You think watching them for training purposes is bad? I had to preview several as part of a group who was picking the new training series. I think the worst of that lot was one called The Invisible Man vs. The Red-Tape Mummy. Sadly, it had the best message--Don't let the paperwork get in the way of getting coworkers equipment that they needed. I wasted about a week on the project, and then they never bought any of them.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Here's a training video for Chrysler back in the early '90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFvS-D_Abg

Comment

Working...
                              X