This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drowning in donkey balls

Question for nobody in particular: What is it about the lawn game "Lasso Golf" that gives our sporting goods buyer such a tent in the pants region?

For those of you unfamiliar with lasso golf, it's a game where you have two balls tied together by a length of string, and you throw them at this hurdle-like contraption with three horizontal bars on it, and you get points for whichever bar you manage to sling your balls over. I have heard it referred to as "rodeo golf", "donkey balls", and "testicle toss". Frankly I find it to be a rather boring game.

But every truck for the past couple weeks or so, there's at least 3 cases of this stupid game for us to fill. We're not allowed to backstock them--corporate wants them all pushed out to the floor. The shelf location is full, the highrises are full of lasso golf games, and still they are on order and will be coming in on future trucks.

You'd think somebody somewhere would figure out that Lasso Golf isn't selling too well and would stop ordering the damn things, but evidently that isn't happening. Corporate seems to think this is THE hot new outdoor recreational craze.

Shit, they even bring Lasso Golf in as a Black Friday item. We'll have endstands and floor displays full of this stupid game. And it never sells. I didn't graduate from a school or anything, but I kinda think that's because the weather isn't good enough to play Lasso Golf at the end of November and you have to wait until spring to even take it out of the box.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Heh, my family has that game. Ours was made from scratch, though, with pipes and real golf balls (my uncle is a plumber and lives right next to a golf course, so, yeah). It's kind of boring, but whenever we played, it always got pretty heated.

I was completely unaware that it could be bought at a store. I really don't think that a bunch of pipes, gold balls and rope could be worth that much in any combination of the three.

Comment

Working...
    X