This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curse you Murphy!

Murphy's Law - Anything that can go wrong will go wrong - was in full effect yesterday.

-Co-worker called in sick, no replacement was available so I was there by myself for 7 hours.
    -We have a new computer system which doesn't work. (fortunately they left one of the old registers in place)
    -Installing the new system seems to have deleted a bunch of barcodes from the database. Not everything, or most things, but enough to make me go "Oh, not again!" when something didn't scan.
    -EFTPOS machine rebooted itself twice in an hour. The last time that happened, it completely died later that day.
    -There was no suckage from customers (apart from long line frustration and one guy who knocked over a display and kicked it under the shelf), just sheer volume. (How busy was it? For the first time ever, I ran out of space for writing safe drops on my shift sheet.)
    -The car wash broke (again). The maintenance guy came to fix it but the keys he needed were locked away in the office.
    -Twice I ran low on one denomination of coin, did a pay in, and the very next customer payed with that coin. (not huge amounts, we're talking $4 of 10 cent coins or $10 of 50 cents)
    -co-worker who took over from me was running late
    -a wheel cover fell off my car on the way home.

Wow... just... wow.

*gives platter of cookies*
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Also forgot to mention I hurt my foot. I forgot about it until I saw the bruise there this morning (so obviously it's not a major bruise).

Comment

Some days ya just shouldn't get outta bed. I hope you have a better day today.

Retail Haiku:
        Depression sets in.
        The hellhole is calling me ~
        I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
        X