This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so ready to walk out...

OK, I can deal with incompetent hotels, I can deal with managers that don't give a crap, and I can deal with angry customers... what I can't deal with is all of the above, especially when the customer is rightfully angry because of the first 2...
    So I get a call, the customer had been told that a group rate was $129, by the hotel, they transferred her to me and we find out the hotel loaded the rate at $134 (yeah, not that big of a difference, but still there is some truth to the SC favorite, it's the principle, you don't quote a rate you can't honor as being available), I call the assist line to ask what they can do and they shrug it off saying, "well just tell the guest that the front desk person meant to say that rates start at $129"
    umm, no, the front desk told the guest that the rate WAS $129, the macro site says it IS $129, the only thing that doesn't seem to agree is the software I have to use to make the reservation... so the whole rates starting at is a bullshit answer and the assist supervisor knows that. I don't think any job is worth the bullshit I have to put up with at this hellhole.

eta- does anyone know of any places in Utah that are hiring? because seriously I need a different job.
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 07-01-2008, 06:44 PM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Will you work anywhere or would you like another hotel job?

www.hoteljobs.com but other then that I would advise you browse Monster and see what you can find (that's how I got my Lead Interview that brought me to Houston and lead me to my current job)
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
    X