This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Paychecks

Yesterday, there was a note on the timeclock saying that the paychecks wouldn't arrive until this evening. Most of the employees accepted this but a few weren't happy. One of my service desk coworkers mentioned that the checks missed the plane. The checks ended up arriving 2 hours before closing.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

When I was working tech support it wasn't quite as bad (we all got paid by direct debit)

We nearly all worked normal office hours but the Team Leaders weren't allowed to give out the payslips until 4PM. That gave the crap payroll department enough time to get out of the building so they wouldn't get flooded with phone calls about errors.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Place I used to work would give us our paychecks after 2pm on Saturday. In the small town I lived in, that meant all banks were already closed. Still, you could go to the local grocery, pay a small fee, and get your check cashed there.

After a while, our boss said we COULDN'T cash our checks at the grocery because money may not be in the account yet and we needed to wait until Monday when the banks opened. He then threatened us, saying if we didn't stop trying to cash our checks early, we wouldn't get them until Monday.

Now let me get this straight. You give us our paychecks and then tell us we can't deposit them for two days. Nice business practice.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Where I work, we can cash our paychecks at the service desk. We don't get feed for getting our paychecks cashed as long as it's the same type of grocery store.
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Now let me get this straight. You give us our paychecks and then tell us we can't deposit them for two days. Nice business practice.
          I'd be looking at the date on said check. If it is dated on the Saturday, the business can get into a lot of trouble for writing them without funds available.

In Colorado, you can sue for something like 3 times the amount of the check, or $100 whichever is greater if that happens.

On that note, direct deposit rules. I know when my deposit goes in (I get email form my bank when it hits) and how much it is, regardless of when I get my actual paper stub.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

One place I worked at, my (and several others') bank was right across the street.

Our manager was cool enough, that if we RAN (not drove) over, and could be back in 15 minutes, he'd let us stay on the clock while we went over to get our checks in before the bank closed.

That was his only condition, you had to go over on foot. Something about insurance problems if you're driving and getting in an accident or something.

Oh, and if we were over 15 minutes, he gave us a choice, adjust our time stamps to reflect the break and not take our scheduled break, or subtract 10 minutes, and take a 5 minute break later. It really depended which shift you were working, cause the guys working the night shift, wanted that 5 minute break so they could grab a quick snack.

Though, we hardly ever ran over the 15minute time limit. We were fast runners lol
            <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

At my store we got our paychecks on Thursday, and they were in the bank.

We don't issue paper checks anymore--you either have to use direct deposit or your money goes on a "total pay" card that you swipe through an ATM to get cash or transfer to another account.

I had to go to 3 different branches of my bank to get money out of an ATM though.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

On a similar topic, a bank error caused a lot of people to not get paid last week.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...950951494.html

Comment

Everyone I know seems to have their pay direct deposited now. But when I worked for my sister at the cafe, she still used paper cheques because of the small payroll.

Officially we'd receive them every other Friday at noon, but if you had Friday off and didn't want to come pick up your cheque, she'd write you one for Thursday - and it wouldn't even be post-dated. My sister was a good boss.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

The last store I worked at didn't do direct deposit...and I found out why after I was told once "don't cash your paycheck until Tuesday" (this was after the checks had been printed and given out on Thursday) and another time when it bounced higher than a helium beach ball. Owner then said he would handle any and all fees people incurred...never happened.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                    X