X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near where I went to college, there was a "Bob'ss' Store"
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
      Near where I went to college, there was a "Bob'ss' Store"

Maybe it was owned by more than one person named "Bob'ss".

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
        Thankfully, all of our signage at the Bread Co. come from corporate - so they are professionally printed and grammatically correct. Thank Gord.
        Consider yourself lucky. I have two corporate-generated price tags down the computer networking aisle with the word "adaptor" on them. And on the next aisle, we apparently sell a "DVD burnor." Sadly, I just have to wait for those mistakes to correct themselves; reporting such problems to anyone in my company--for whom I have contact information, at least--is pointless.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          Consider yourself lucky. I have two corporate-generated price tags down the computer networking aisle with the word "adaptor" on them. And on the next aisle, we apparently sell a "DVD burnor." Sadly, I just have to wait for those mistakes to correct themselves; reporting such problems to anyone in my company--for whom I have contact information, at least--is pointless.
          We have one that has the word "bottel" instead of "bottle"

There are more that have misspellings, but I don't recall what they are at this time.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Somebody made signs at work notifying the general public that the back room is off limits to them. Whoever made them did a bad job, they say "Employees only behind this point". If i had the time i would rip them down and fix them myself.

Comment

Local Wally World has signs advertising their various departments on the walls beside the movator (like an escalator, except instead of steps it's just a moving ramp - the shopping carts have special ribbed wheels that go into the ribs on the movator and jam so they don't roll). One of the signs has a picture of a lot of pens and pencils, and is labeled "stationary".
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Back in the days of yore, when I worked at the grocery store, I once took it upon myself to re-type all the cashier code sheets for the produce and other similar items--such as the nuts we sold by the pound. (At this time the store used mostly its own codes, instead of the stuff on the stickers.)

I made one on my trusty Macintosh Performa 200 and then made photocopies of it and put them at all the registers. One of the older ladies had the pleasure of pointing out that one of the items I had included was a delicious nut called "Peanus".

Many giggling co-workers got to ask me if that was in the meat department.

Comment

This one Chinese restaurant next to our favorite Japanese place has a sign for 'Sweat and Sour Pork'. So appetizing!

Comment

The biggest issue where I am is... that "Ignore words in UPPERCASE" for the spell checker.

There's nothing more saddening than seeing them print up professional signs, offering "EDUATION OPPORTUNITIES"

Yes. They misspelled a sign about education.

Comment

We get signage shipped to us form corp. with such screw-ups as "New loower prices on beverags!" this was huge cardboard sign we were supposed to hang from the ceiling on the beverage aisle and at the entrances. We decided not to and to e-mail them about the issue. The response was classic. They said despite the spelling errors hang them up. We did, but I laughed every time I walked in and and saw that in huge 14" tall letters.

I wised we saved them.

Comment

One of the most ironic misuses of an apostrophe I ever saw was on a sign I used to pass on my way to school every day. There was a guy who apparently had a sign making business, and, by the side of the road, had a sign that said, "SIGN'S."

I mean, really, if your business involves words, doncha think you should know how to use them?

Comment

I will admit, that I have misspelled while typing out signs. Well it is not my fault right now. The owner deleted Microsoft Works and word pad. Now, I just have to use Notepad.
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                            I will admit, that I have misspelled while typing out signs. Well it is not my fault right now. The owner deleted Microsoft Works and word pad. Now, I just have to use Notepad.
                            No offence, but I find most people rely too heavily on spell checkers.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

There is a store in <town next one over> that has a store called Gift's Direct.

I always wonder if there is a Mr(s) Gift...?
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I worked in a fast food place where we had corporate-issued signs in the back for employees explaining the company "pay day's." Must be a requirement to advance there, though, because I saw some of the notes/signs my managers wrote, and they made me cringe. The store manager wrote a note to employees on the dry erase board in the crew room and asked another manager to spell check it...it passed. I just sat there in shock, staring at the horrendous grammar. Yes...technically she spelled everything correctly...but it still made no sense!

*I know, major overuse of "..." It's a habit I've gotten into and cannot seem to break!

Comment

Working...
                                X