Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For #$@&'s sake! just let me buy the book!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For #$@&'s sake! just let me buy the book!

So my job for the summer is as assistant curator of a museum.

I do tours (not really, the volunteers usually do that. Leaving me with)
    Sweep
    Mop
    Clean Toilets
    etc

But mostly I watch the gift shop. I do stock, inventory, convince people to buy stuff, let the kids play with the toys so that there parents will by it for them...

The thing is we have books at work. Not many people stop by, so i need to entertain myself for a good chunk of the day. I mean, a girl can only scrub the toilet so many times.

There is this one book that we have for sale. It looks really great. For the first two weeks of work I had no money.

I got paid Sunday, but I left my wallet at home on Wednesday. (We aren't open on Monday and Tuesday).

Today I remember my debit card. I got a spare moment so I grabbed the book. I quickly filled out the order in my sales book, then i went to swipe my debit.

The machine tells me to press "Cancel". When I do this i get this weird numeric code that starts with "FE". I call the company for troubleshooting, the woman tells me to unplug the machine. I do this, we wait, and I plug it back in. There is a different "FE" message, and she puts me on hold.

She comes back and tells me our new debit machine will arrive by courier Wednesday morning. I kind of stand stunned for a moment and she says the words I'd feared.

"You're current machine is completely fried!"

I just want the book >.<
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Eeek! My store's debit machine decided to fry itself on Tuesday - which happened to be Canada Day, kind of a big deal here like the Fourth is for Americans. So I figured I was hooped in terms of getting it fixed that day.

The tech arrived at 4:30 (we closed at 5), but I was just so grateful to see her AT ALL!

(I made big signs about the lack of debit - we could do credit cards with the manual imprinter, but bank cards can only go through the machine - and most people actually read them, which was a minor miracle).

Comment

I wonder if fate is telling you something...
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
      X