This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had a first for our Gaming Store!

Today, we held our first Wedding Reception at our Gaming Store.

Yes, you read that right: A. Wedding. Reception.

The couple, E & P, actually called our Mothership (or Mother Store in our northern location), but they didn't have the room. Then they called us (last night) and we had the room. Rawking manager, C, went out and bought white streamers to cordon off 12 tables (all the way in the back and to the side). The wedding couple had gotten back from their honeymoon either yesterday or the day before that. This was a wedding reception for all their friends.

They spent the afternoon eating snacks & other foods & playing games until their hearts were content. (Reception started at 1 PM & I left at 2:30 PM so I don't know how long it lasted). However, I thought it was a terrific idea.

If hubs & I don't go to the Poconos for our anniversary, I'd so have an anniversary party at our gaming store.

BTW, the regulars who came into the store all looked like this: when they realized there was a wedding reception. The only one who was an asshat was our first customer of the morning who was told to move his gaming stuff because where he wanted to sit was one of the food tables. I had never wanted to slap someone so hard in my entire life. He was so obnoxious. I think he was doing it on purpose so the Happy Couple would leave and he could have his "precious" corner in our store. Not happening. I told L & C, and they both said they'd boot him out before letting the wedding reception leave. So there.

This totally sounds like something my ex-Landlord Awesome John would have done if his new bride let him.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

It makes me want to renew my vows with hubs just so we can have a renewal reception at the store.

Comment

I'd go to that!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
        X