X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all who care...

1) Yes, that is my work van.
    2) Yes, it has a Mercedes engine in it.
    3) No, I don't care know if it's the five cylinder.
    4) Because the dealership bragged about it being Mercededs. I could care less.
    5) About 20 MPG.
    6) Yeah, but it's a diesel engine. Which costs about 20% more, so we're not saving money.
    7) No, I find it annoying.
    8) Because it's too big and too twitchy.
    9) I mean that it has sensors on everything, that will bug you about the smallest thing. And there's no way to tell the damn van "I already know that. Stop bugging me."
    10) If you will excuse me, sir, I need to finish working now.

OK, look. This is not a Ferrari. It's not a Porche. It's not a Mustang, or Corvette, BMW, Hummer, or Aston Martin. It sure as hell isn't a Tesla Roadster, which is about the only one on that list that I would be bugging someone about. It's a Cargo Van. It is only a cargo van. There is nothing special about it, unless you're a fleet manager. Trust me on this. And stop bugging me.

Nooo, it's the Non-Discript White Van!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      Nooo, it's the Non-Discript White Van!
      Well, I ran over a Protoge with it, so there's a small dent in the side. Any better? (Thus my complaint about it being too big. The Protoge parked next to me, it was lower than the bottom of my window, and I hadn't quite gotten the trick of using the wide-angle mirror yet....)

But yeah, white cargo van, no windows, no logos... but on the other hand, rarely any room to do anything in beyond dig through the boxes for the one you need for this exact location.

Comment

You get 20mpg from your van?!! My dad's van gets 13 or 12 mpg and it's a 1989 Ford Econoline 150......
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          You get 20mpg from your van?!! My dad's van gets 13 or 12 mpg and it's a 1989 Ford Econoline 150......
          >sigh< Yes, but it's diesel, which costs... oh, never mind.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
            It sure as hell isn't a Tesla Roadster, which is about the only one on that list that I would be bugging someone about.

I want a tesla I'm hoping the family sedan they're coming out with in 2010 is a bit cheaper
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              >sigh< Yes, but it's diesel, which costs... oh, never mind.
              Totally saw that coming.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                I want a tesla I'm hoping the family sedan they're coming out with in 2010 is a bit cheaper
                I'm hoping GM does a good job with the Volt, myself. I expect that it'll be cheaper than anything Tesla does for ten years or so, even though its anticipated sticker price keeps moving upwards, and I like the fact that I'm not tethered to a plug, even though the Tesla has a longer electric-only range.

Comment

What is it with car nuts?

Common courtesy says that you don't bug someone who's eating, right? I'm in my van, with the engine running, trying to eat enough of a Big Mac so that I won't be spilling special sauce all over my shirt while driving, when this guy walks around the van to the driver's door to ask me if it's the five or six cylinder. And when I tell him I don't know or care, he started in asking about handling. Aargh! Earth to clueless: I don't share your obsession. Let me guess: you don't care what McCain's policy towards Iraq is going to be. You don't have a clue what Obama's immigration policy is. You're just upset that neither candidate will talk the truely important issue: their position in the Chevy vs Ford debate.

I swear, one of these days someone's going to walk up behind me as I'm taking a leak and say "Hey! Is that a five cylinder*?"

* Nope. Only one rod, and no, you can't look at it. And go away.

Comment

I swear, one of these days someone's going to walk up behind me as I'm taking a leak and say "Hey! Is that a five cylinder*?"

* Nope. Only one rod, and no, you can't look at it.

You sir, have just made my day with that remark.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

* Nope. Only one rod, and no, you can't look at it. And go away.
                      Sir, I know you make it up into my area, so with that remark, I will extend an open invitation to join in with my gaming groups if you ever want to. You'd fit right in with our lot.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                      X