This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking evil thoughts

OK, I don't think I've explained this properly, so let me do it now, I work as a Graphic Designer for a company that is essentially, owned by my father, but there is a person(s) who own shares/parts of the company, but in the end it was my father who founded it.

So, he has hired me, NOT because I'm family, but because I had the skills. No really, one of my brothers was fired for not doing his job, sure it took a little longer for my dad to fired him than it would another employee, but in the end he WAS fired, so there is NO special treatment in regards to that. You don't do your work, you get fired!

Anyways, people here sometimes treat me differently because, I'm the bosses daughter, you know, I only got the job because "I'm family" and I don't know what the F**k I'm doing...blah blah blah...

Anyways, here is where the evil thoughts kick in, I love thinking about having people fired when I get harassed or picked on by other employees, simply because I'm the "boss's daughter"!

In fact, I've played that card a few times, when I first started out here there was someone being nasty to me, I complained to my bro, he then went and told the person off! (Yeah gutless of me but I didn't know what to do)...the same person kept it up and I went to my dad....hehehe he hasn't picked on me since in fact, he makes an obvious effort to be overly nice to me...my dad also told me that in the case this person (or another person) starts that shite again, I'm allowed to tell them off....that they are all "replaceable" and will get the picture one day

Yeah I'm evil! I'm the evil, Biatchy, boss's daughter...but I like having those cards in my hand...and will freely use them if anyone F**Ks with me again

anyone else agree/disagree
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Oh and just so you know, I wouldn't really get anyone fired, just because they are being mean. I'm not that shallow! It's just nice to think about what I could possibly do to the employee who is p**sing me off...I'm not a spoilt little brat, and I do know my shite, I wouldn't have the job other wise...my dad could and can get someone to take my job if he needed/wanted to...and he would....
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

LOL I'm posting on my own thread...but this actully just reminded me of the funniest story that relates to this....

I was about 6 years of age...I was playing with my little sis and another little boy about my age (don't remember who he was)

My dad had given us some boxes and other stuff to play with, and they were obviously important boxes..but he didn't care to much about them...anyways, an emplyee came storming up to us and started going off at us (this is from my memory as a 6 year old they may not have done it in this exact way)

He started telling us off, and saying that the boxes where imporatant and we shouldn't be playing with them! And put them away! and stop cutting them up!!!

I promptly turn to him, stood up and in the most confident way possible I told him "My daddy is the boss, and HE said we can play with them, and I'll get you fired if you don't leave us alone!"..yeap...exact words... I was a little spoilt brat as a child...hehehe

the guy walked off rather stuned....never bothered us again though

Comment

hrm my position at work kinda relates to that. I work in major home fashions now and it is a slack slack slack job. People give me some crap couse i sit behind a desk, wait for customers to come in, sell some stuff, make more money an hour then they do and i get commision. Yah i do les work then you and get paid more but guess what guys? I have been shipper reciever, customer service, stock personal, stock integrity, merchendice operation, home electronics associate, and garden center supervisor. Also i have worked there probab ly triple what you guys have. Im not in high school like you guys im living on my own attending college and working. Pay your dues then talk to me >.<

haha sorry seemed like an ok thread for my rant.
        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Binky View Post
          Anyways, people here sometimes treat me differently because, I'm the bosses daughter, you know, I only got the job because "I'm family" and I don't know what the F**k I'm doing...blah blah blah...
          That will only change with time. Just keep doing your job and eventually the people that worth anything will see that you do your job will change their attitude. The ones that don't, well just mark them up as one more a**h*le to ignore. I wouldn't try to "fire" any of them unless they don't do their job. Dream it, don't act on it. As soon as you act on it, you'll never lose the "boss' daughter" tag.

I was on the other side of that. I worked for a company that the boss' daughter came to work. OOoooh I couldn't stand that girl, she literally was dumber than dirt.
          Last edited by Ree; 11-05-2008, 11:29 AM.
          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I did something similar not too long ago. At the time, my mother was in charge of one of the county's health clinics. She had a receptionist that was a bit....well, let's just say she wasn't a nice person. I don't remember why I called her office, but the greeting I got was a loud "yeah?"

That was, until I told her who I was. Suddenly, the person on the other end got all nice and cheery Hehehe I just *love* to do that. Not only does it put her in her place (my mom, who is *not* someone you want pissed at you, was her boss), but I could add a bit of stress to the day of someone who deserved it

Other than that, I never pulled the "my parent is your boss" card.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Oh no I would never act on it, dreaming about it is fun tho, I just go about my day doing what needs to be done, I get the job done (and a little faster than the old graphic designer) in fact, I get it done in the hours I'm given and don't EVER stay back in order to finish stuff...becaue I never need too it gets done in the time I'm given YAY for me

Comment

Lost My Mind pretty much said what I was going to say. But, I'll add (and I understand that your OP was somewhat, but not totally tongue-in-cheek) you'll need to be patient with any new hires, because most people, even those not prone to being paranoid, will automatically assume that you may be getting special treatment being the bosses daughter. Your hard work, and knowledge of the job will dissuade their fears. (Unless the person is sucky!)

And please, if someone is causing you grief, be careful in dealing with it, whether you go to your father, or not, so that it doesn't appear that you are playing the boss' daughter card. But, by all means stand up for your rights as any other employee and don't let anyone walk all over you either.
                Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                X