Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually had a gentleman come in today (he was just a customer, but when he saw how frazzled we were over our pop machine leaking water all over the place, he fixed the problem for us, we offered him a free sub.) When I took down his name, he joked about his last name. He was French, and apparently most people couldn't pronounce his last name... which was Bugnet.

Which, of course in French would be pronounced "Boog-nay".
    "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
    ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Dh and I are rather goth/punk/alternative if you will (ok yes I'm the type that can take pink and make it alternative...ask Mono). I managed to pick up a last name that relates to, well, cemeteries and death. Go me!

My prior last name? *weg* After a beer. I love life.
      Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

At one of my call center jobs (I can't remember for the life of me which one it was) I had a guy call in. First name Jack.. Last name? Daniels. Yes. Jack Daniels called me... I had to mute the phone to giggle before I could help him... Then, at my last call center job, I had a woman call in to activate a prepaid phone for her teenage daughter, who was born in the mid-nineties.... The daughter's name? Blossom. Woah!! </bad joey impression >

Comment

Just the other day at my bar, I was talking to a married couple. The woman's maiden name, as it turned out, was Cockrum.

Pronounced just the way it reads.

So naturally, I had to show her the bottle of Cockspur Rum. She got a kick out of it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

As I was reading this, I remembered another one I have. My dad used to work with this guy in Calgary named Richard. Nicknames for Richard: Rick, Rich, Dick. I think he preferred Rick. Anyway. Richard hated the nickname Dick. The reason?

His last name was Head.

"FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

My boss's daughter is named Cinnamon, yeah...

Also my wife had a student once who was named Auto Sit (spelled just like that too.)

Comment

Greatest Name in Racing.......

Dick Trickle.

'nuff said.

B
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

One of the workers at the vetinary surgery I go to is called Mr. Wildgoose which makes me smile.

Best last name ever : Oo. Yep, just Oo.

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                    At one of my call center jobs (I can't remember for the life of me which one it was) I had a guy call in. First name Jack.. Last name? Daniels. Yes. Jack Daniels called me...</bad joey impression >
                    Was he an associate of the American who was working with the Taliban in Afghanistan a few years ago? The "Tali-yank" was John Walker - don't know if he was Black, but considering the Taliban/Mujihadeen were America's allies back when the Ruskies invaded, he definitely wasn't a Red.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Two jobs ago we had a contact for a company, and the contact's name was Bing Dong. It was always a voice mail, and afterwards my coworkers would say "Bing-Dong! Bing Dong!!" like a doorbell, and I sometimes said "Bing Dong the witch is dead, comeon wakeup you sleepy heads..." (Wizard of Oz). One day when I was not there, she actually answered the phone, and some coworkers started a little early, she overheard and demanded a sup.

Oops.
                      Testing
                      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I know of a kid who's last name name is Wigglesworth(makes me giggle)
                        And a good friend of mine is named Cherry

Comment

A friend of mine once told me when he worked at a pharmacy, they got an order in from a woman named Sharon Peckers. After a minute of looking at it, his boss went "...I wonder with who!"
                          Stop driving me insane, I'm already within walking distance!

Comment

one of my friends from highschool was Richard Popoff.

Pronouced just like it's spelt. Dick pop off.

Comment

Working...
                            X