This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoWorker Rudeness

6 People did no call, no shows today at work. On a busy Sunday before Labor day. We only had 4 cashiers. I stayed an hour after my shift should of ended, then came home. And as I was leaving, one of the other cashiers, who had opened and was willingly pulling a 12 hour shift, told me I should be ashamed of myself for leaving.

I'm sorry, is it my fault she wants to pull a 12 hour shift and I don't? No, no it's not.

Was I in the wrong?

No, you weren't in the wrong. You were a trooper to stay an extra hour, most people wouldn't do that. And as for your CW's comment -- all the better to make her the marter and the "better" person -- also helps with the "poor me" card she played later.
    ANNIE

Every day I work with you is two days of therapy!!!!!

Comment

You weren't in the wrong. For all your coworker knew, you could've had plans.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It's not your responsibility to cover someone else's shift when you are already working simply because they failed to do it themselves.

When it's time for you to go home, it's time for you to go home. End of story. Just because someone else is willing to stay longer does not make you obligated to do so as well. She could have refused to work anything but her schedule hours too, it's not like she got stuck doing it. She was WILLING.

That comment was completely uncalled for.

Comment

It's none of her business if you didn't want to stay. Of course, will the fact you stayed late even be appreciated?

Comment

Why would you feel rude about staying late to cover missed shifts, but not as late as others?

The same thing happened to me several years ago. I worked an 8-hour shift on the salesfloor, like 9:30 to 6, I think. As it turned out, there was a truck that night, two of the unloaders did no-call no-shows, and the rest of the crew fell behind on the truck.

Management decided to treat the NCNS's as found money and refused to call anybody else in to cover. So half an hour or so before I was to leave they started laying the pressure on me thick.

"I know you're supposed to leave in little bit Irv, but could you do us a big favor and stay 3 extra hours to help get the truck done? No? Okay, how about 2 instead? No? But this is a big truck and we need to finish it! Please?"

Sorry, it isn't my problem two people decided to blow off their shifts, and you can't make it my problem. I left when I was supposed to.

Of course, on my next shift I got stuck in the worst department to straighten, and on my yearly review I got dinged for "not being a team player" and told I needed to be more flexible. But as you all should know, the "team player" concept in regard to retail employees is a a big steaming load of horseshit.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Said coworker also likes to tell me "You're so lazy, you never do anything" at least twice an hour. Usually while she's wasting time and not on a register. ~_~

Comment

Working...
              X