Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been in a few fender benders (including backing into the passenger side door of an 81 year old woman's car) but this one had to take the cake.

I was driving to a job interview on a 4-lane road, 25 mph speed limit. The left lane was blocked ahead, right before a stop light, so traffic was bumper to bumper. I'm slowly inching by the two cars and the motorcycle cop, of course checking out the damage (dented bumpers, nothing much) aaaand I feel my car bump the one in front of me.

We both get out and check out the bumpers, and THANK GOD there's nothing on either my POS Saturn or his shiny US GOVERNMENT issued vehicle. So the cop takes a minute from the other accident and tells us to pull into the parking lot next door.

Once the cop comes over, he gets all our info and the guy I hit whips out a SECRET AGENT badge. I just about shit a brick. Thankfully, the guy was really nice and nothing ever came of it since there was absolutely no damage.

But really, only I can hit a US Government issued car driven by a Secret Agent IN FRONT OF a cop.

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
      But really, only I can hit a US Government issued car driven by a Secret Agent IN FRONT OF a cop.

Can I borrow that for my sig?
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Oh! Me next, me next...

I have a good f#*$ed up car story. Our old POS 97 dodge finally gave up the ghost and we went looking for a used car with a good sized downpayment. Ended up with a cute 99 Saturn something or other and had it for a whopping nine days when:

*I get woken up at 2 am by a boom and my apt shaking
        *I get up and look out the window and see my car and telephone pole outside are now one.
        *Not only was my car rear ended (end totally smashed in) the front was also no longer existant so my car was now just a metal square with doors.
        *another car just a few spots up from ours was also totalled..

So, this DRUNK tard driving this HUGE chevy astrovan, continues on its trek of doom, turns the corner where she hits three more cars and finally just gives up, lets the car roll down the street and runs away....yeah..that didnt work.

I got to see her being lead from the hospital ER across from my apartment, in handcuffs to the cop car with a huge on my face.

What pissed me up most was the ladys husband coming up to the cars and surveying the damage like he was going to tell me he knew a good mechanic or could fix it himself...

She totaled 3 cars, damaged 2 others and DECIMATED a parking meter and damaged a light pole...and she was so drunk she actually passed her house by about 7 blocks before she hit all the cars on mine. SHE SUCKS!!

We ended up with a very nice model year Saturn Ion and its a great car....only the sideview mirror has been swiped off twice. Once by a hit and run and once by a city bus....yeah, they paid for that one.

We have since moved...

Comment

On a winter day years ago... I pulled over my junky old VW Bug and stopped to let a brand new Lincoln Towncar pass by.

The fellow's new car stated to slide on the snow and he side-swiped my fender (which was mostly rust and Bondo filler). He had a deep scratch along the side of his new Towncar and apologized for the damage to my fender, and offered to fix it.

I showed him just how ez it was to fix an old VW fender... I just grabed where it was dented, pulled it out with my hand, and it looked like it did before.
          Last edited by excuse me??; 09-27-2008, 11:27 AM.

Comment

yeah the taurus can take a few rear-end taps.

i had one where i'd started pulling out into the street to take a right hand turn, and had to stop cos there were cars on my left coming up. the driver behind me hadn't considered that and gave me a good solid tap. i pulled out and parked in the next lot down but he or she drove off. was still for a little too

now i'm also guilty of rear-end taps. but i'm the kind of person who doesn't drive off, but there's never been any damage, aside to my own bumper cos it's always been at low speeds. the last one i had... i felt bad cos i'm sure the other driver thought i was hung over or something... but in reality, i just had a migraine and had a hard time judging distances.

oh... but i remember a guy i use to know in college... Greg something... And that his driving record was almost perfect. Except for the ONE time he rear-ended someone... a police car. DOH!
            Last edited by PepperElf; 09-30-2008, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X