Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Psychotic Bull (please, invoke rule one before reading)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Psychotic Bull (please, invoke rule one before reading)

I think I've posted here before about the woman I call Goldie (short for Goldbrick). Goldie was bone idle, entitled as the day is long and as dumb as a box of rocks. She managed to go out on disability because she sprained her back lifting a box of records weighing a hefty 5 pounds.

On a rotating schedule, various Curatorial departments in the Museum would submit objects to Photography for documentation on 'Departmental Picture Day'. Goldie took a phone message confirming the appointment for an object to be photographed. She wrote down the name of the object as "The Psychotic Bull".

What was the object? It was a Cycladic bowl.

At the time of this message, Goldie had been working as a receptionist and typist for the department for at least ten years. Please tell me. How could you work with this stuff for ten years and not care or know anything about the objects in the collection?
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Hmmm... this versus this.

Oh yeah. I can see how you could mix those up. [/sarcasm]
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

It sounds as though Goldie is exploring the overlap between Apathy and Ignorance:

She doesn't know and she doesn't care!

Comment

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
        Hmmm... this versus this.

LMAO!

Umm...but theyre so close...?

Comment

Reminds me of when I was telling Greek mythology to my little sister.

Me: King Minos was sent a great white bull to sacrifice to Poseidon. When he refused, Poseidon cursed his wife to fall madly in lust with the bull.

Sister:

Me: She made love to it and got pregnant.

Sister: How?

Me: (thinking she's referring to human/bovine crosses) Magic. Then she gave birth to the Minotaur, a monster half human and half bull.

Sister: What did it look like?

Me: He had the head of a bull but was human from the neck down.

Sister: So it had a bowl for a head? WTF?

Me: ...Bull. Like a male cow.

Sister:

I had to start the whole story over; she thought Minos refused to sacrifice pottery to his god.
          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Some people.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X