This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUMING!

Yesturday my FH was in the office with me doing some uni work. As normal I answer the phone when it rings only to get yet ANOTHER wrong number. This time instead of the person asking "is this blah blah hotel" she just started listing of dates that she wanted a room. I told her sorry, we're not a hotel, she has the wrong number. She just said "oh" and hung up.

NICE!

WELL FH stands up and peers over the cubicle wispering "why didn't you get her the RIGHT number?"

That's correct boys and girls, apparently it is my job as a graphic designer and software company administrator, to run around finding out the correct number for any Tom, Dick or Harry who happens to accidently call here.

I got into a fight with him over it on the way home. APPARENTLY I should never go back into customer service (even though some of my job entails this) because I'm not willing to go above an beyond for people who ARE NOT my customers and probably NEVER WILL be my customers.

All because it might in some round about way cost the SOFTWARE COMPANY money if the person looking for the HOTEL doesn't get the correct number.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *end rant*
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Or... you can tell FH that you don't have the number for the hotel.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

no no, see he wants me to put them on hold, and look up the hotel for them and give them the correct number. Pretty much for anyone and everyone that rings here by accident.
      I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Tell him that's his new job and that you will transfer all calls to him?

Comment

might be an idea

Comment

Might Smight! It's a great idea!
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yay I can be evil...

Comment

It's a WRONG NUMBER ... let them look it up. Geez.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

heh.
                  I had to do that where I worked... thankfully everyone who called was from the same building but still... They'd report "equipment x" had issues... and our boss was all about "service" (meaning wiping the asses of the people who whined). If we even DARED say that it wasn't our equipment, we still had to offer the right phone number, or even call for them.

didn't matter if we had other things to do. it was all about "service"

Comment

wrong numbers i laugh at them
                    I have been getting messages at work asking about our store being for sale, because of that i looked around the net and found out the mini mart down the street is for sale so i just erased the messages , the one that's for sale has a agent number use that moron quit trying to badger employees

I have never liked answering the phone god only knows what those people will want

Comment

Working...
                    X