Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try being the only geek AT AN ISP... seriously... sigh....

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
    Was also happy to welcome Bradbury, Clarke
    You do NOT be happy about welcoming Bradbury and Clarke, you should be REVERENT to the old gods of sci-fi, the old masters.
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
      You do NOT be happy about welcoming Bradbury and Clarke, you should be REVERENT to the old gods of sci-fi, the old masters.
      Oh trust me, I REVERE and ADORE Bradbury, and have for many years. I had the privilege to meet him last year. Was at a theater where a play based on his work was being performed. Only 80 seats. Between acts, he came on stage and spoke to the audience for an hour. He signed my copy of Martian Chronicles--I nearly swooned.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I loved OSC until I learned the politics behind his books.

My coworkers and I have a weekly P&P session... we're all geeks.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
          Oh trust me, I REVERE and ADORE Bradbury, and have for many years. I had the privilege to meet him last year. Was at a theater where a play based on his work was being performed. Only 80 seats. Between acts, he came on stage and spoke to the audience for an hour. He signed my copy of Martian Chronicles--I nearly swooned.
          Oh, you lucky duck! :is jealous: I've been a Ray Bradbury fan for most of my life. I was reading his works in High School when all the other girls were reading V. C. Andrews . Even did a book report on Fahrenheit 451.

Let's see, I also liked Robert Asprin and Douglas Adams. Still do. Have seen some of the Sandman art and would love to get the graphic novels (which is the first?). Yep, geek girl here!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Oh, you lucky duck! :is jealous: I've been a Ray Bradbury fan for most of my life. I was reading his works in High School when all the other girls were reading V. C. Andrews . Even did a book report on Fahrenheit 451.

Let's see, I also liked Robert Asprin and Douglas Adams. Still do. Have seen some of the Sandman art and would love to get the graphic novels (which is the first?). Yep, geek girl here!
            Preludes and Nocturnes. They're labeled with the numbers pretty clearly though. Sandman is astounding, and a good entry into graphic novels. At the moment I'm working my way through Watchmen and HellBoy.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth prb View Post
              Most smoke natives. Illegal, but cheap. $9-$20 for a bag of 200, opposed to $60-$80 for a carton of 200.
              Illegal? Mine came with a tax stamp on each pack, and I did have to sign an affidavit that I was purchasing for personal consumption, and not to resell. Last time I ordered, they cost about $15/carton including shipping.

Just after I placed that order, I discovered "Special Blend" being sold locally for about $9/carton. No cigarette tax, as they are marketed as "little cigars," but they look and smoke just like cigarettes, except for having brown paper.

But darn it all, the hip surgeon made me quit smoking back at the end of May, and as much as I want to, I just haven't started back up.
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                Try being the only geek AT AN ISP... seriously... sigh....

The old gods? Surely, you intend to say H.G. Wells and Jules Verne.

Now, if you are talking about the old masters, you probably mean Asimov, Bradbury and Clarke.

(For the record, I'm not crazy about calling Asimov, Bradbury and Clarke sci-fi authors. They wrote science fiction. And, there is a difference.)

But, back on topic, yay for geek girls! The only geek girls in my area are doped up on more anti-depressants and anti-psychotics that should be safe. And, I have a rule that I don't date customers. Or psychopaths.
                Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
                  And, I have a rule that I don't date customers. Or psychopaths.
                  What about GOOD psychopaths??

Or just plain psycho?
                  SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                  SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                  X