This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight pwnage of a liar

I wouldn't classify this guy as sucky or stupid, but he did try to pull a slight fast one on me, and for once I had the presence of mind to come up with a perfect reply.

He was buying a GPS unit, but didn't want to buy the service plan. But rather than just say no, he tried a common tactic where he "promised" to "get it later" if he decided he liked the item. Only very VERY rarely to they really mean that, and usually I don't have a good reply for it, but today I did.

Cust: Well, I'll try this out and if I like I'll come back and get that [the plan].

Me: Well, I tell you what, sir. You can buy the Plan now, and if this doesn't work out for you, you can come back and return it within the normal 14 days and also get a full refund on the Plan. But if you do like it, you'll already have the coverage and won't have to waste a trip back here to add it on! Does that sound good?

Cust: Uh......well....ah......no.......I mean.....I live real close, so......it wouldn't be a big deal......so, uh, no. No thanks.

Me *thinking*: HA! I knew you were lying to me!

Me: Ok, well, let me get that item for you.

*retrieves GPS; brings it to the register*

Me: You're sure you don't want to add the plan and possibly save a trip later?

Cust: Ah no, I'm fine.....uh...thanks......

Me: Have a nice day!

I love catching people in a lie without having to explicitly say so, and at the same time maintaining excellent customer service.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X