This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big surprise at work Friday

I received a phone call from the client supervisor at work Friday asking me if any of the 2nd shift parking attendants (there have been a couple) have brought their children to work or had their children dropped off at the parking booth. According to her university policy states every student, employee, & contract employee (which I am since the parking company I work for has a contract with the university) is prohibited from bringing their kids to work or from having somone drop off their kids at work due to liability reasons. Two of my former co-workers had children, & both of them told me on separate occassions that their kids were dropped off at work a couple of times. The director wanted to know this because she told me someone wrote the university a complaint letter stating she has been ignored by the parking attendant, has seen the parking attendant use their cell phone, & has seen kids inside the parking booth. So I told her that yes, I was told by the parking attendants on separate occassions that their kids were inside the booth. The director was mad at that point, & she said that could possibly void the contract. She told me she is not happy with the Manager at the parking company who is over the account. According to her, the manger at parking company does not come to her office to see if everything is ok, to keep in touch, ect. She also told me that the contract between the parking company & the university ran out. Now the university sent out bids to see if a different parking company wants to do business with the university. She told me she does not have a problem with me (I was surprised at that since she "made a mountain out of a molehill" several days ago over an inicident that happended on my shift), but she has a problem with the 2nd shift attendants & the parking company manager. Now I have to wait & see what happens.
Working...
X