This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working in Insurance

I work for a small Insurance broker, having moved on from a very large insurance company last year.

This was partly due to how lazy other people were, which I now have the pleasure of experiencing from the other side of the phone.

However, they are not the only company whose employees are lazy within their jobs, no no, there are many others who are exactly the same way.

Here are a few general problems I tend to encounter:

Not doing the things they say they will do, e.g. "Please authorise repairs to our client's vehicle, he needs it back on the road within a week"
    So I call 2 or 3 days later and nothing has been done.

Not even noting my call, similar to the above, except they have not even made a note on their file to say I called, so not only is the claim delayed, but I have to repeat all the details I have previously given.

Contacting the client's directly. We have a very close relationship with many of client's who only like dealing directly with us. On occasions insurers will call the client directly, and the client can become pretty pissed off, especially if the person is Indian, which is often the case. (I appreciate this is not a good reason for not wanting to speak to someone, but they shouldn't have called anyway, when we tell them not to, which is all the time).

Not dealing with correspondence we send. This can cause a LOT of trouble.
    One particular company we deal with will not prioritise the post they receive and will just send it off to another office for it to be electronically scanned onto their system before being dealt with. They often have a backlog of 2 weeks on top of this, so some post is not looked at for nearly 3 weeks.
    On several occasions we have sent them court summons by recoreded delivery, which NEED to be responded to within 14 days MAXIMUM, so you can see our problem here.
    In the last 3 months, 4 of our clients have received CCJ's (County Court Judgements) against them due to this insurer's failure to deal with URGENT documents urgently.

Anyone else here in insurance experience these problems?
    This is not a real font!!
Working...
X