This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions customers ask that just make you shake your head in confusion

Sometimes I get questions that for one reason or another have no idea how to answer. Just today someone came up with a pair of jeans asking "what number is this?" How on earth am I to answer that question? I still don't know what he wanted to know.

Note: These are not questions from sc's. This particular one was due to a language barrier issue
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he was asking what the inspector number is?

I don't know. Anyways one time I got asked "what is this?" and it was a dvd, and the person had a straight face on and I knew they rented dvd's before.
    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

My best guess is he wanted to know the size.

Oddest question I ever had to answer was the difference between a twin and a full (or double) bed. Question came from a man who had to be in his 30's and was obviously American born and raised.
      Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

"With both legs together out straight, they kind of look like number one. Twist them around like this and you get two. With one leg bent over the other, they look like a four."

Hours of fun can be had.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

"Is this the only kind of organic dogfood you sell?"
          - I.. don't.. know...

Comment

The obvious answer would be 501's, right?

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
              The obvious answer would be 501's, right?
              Only if they are button-fly.

I preferred 505's or 550's with the zipper-fly, myself. Back when I cared about owning Levi's. As an adult, I am less brand-conscious.

Comment

Quoth LoTech View Post
                Only if they are button-fly.

I preferred 505's or 550's with the zipper-fly, myself. Back when I cared about owning Levi's. As an adult, I am less brand-conscious.
                I miss being able to find levi's that aren't stretchy in sears or jcpenney. Whine.
                you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

My Favourite is

SC: Is this <hotel I work for>?
                  Me (with the hotel logo on my shirt, standing behind a desk with the logo on the counter, guest is standing on a rug with the same logo and I'm standing in front of a plaque that says "<Hotel> Sugarland-Houston" on it.: No, it's down the street.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The other day I had to send a letter saying that a product we previously sold is no longer being sold as the maunfacturer is not making it anymore.

Which resulted in "What do you mean it's not available, isn't there somone else who can do it" "Can't you do it yourself"?

Yeah, because I frequently send letters saying "Sorry you're SOL" when I haven't explored all avenues.

Comment

I was once asked when I worked at Zellers if our movies are original copies or burned copies......
                      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

I was asked where the pets were when I was working at a big box retail store, and all I could say was that we just had pet food and supplies.

Comment

Working...
                        X