This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Righty ho.

I walked into work this morning, and before I'd clocked in, put on my uniform or infact done anything the front doorbell rang, someone else answered it and very quickly popped their head around the door.

Crazylegs, can you pop out and chat to a guy in reception, he's not very well (I'm first aid at work qualified you see).

Me: You really don't need this explaining
    CIR: Chap in Reception

Me: Morning, what appears to be the problem sir?
    CIR: Well, I've got crushing chest pains and shortness of breath
    Me: Right, take a seat, have you had this before?
    CIR: Yes, I've got angina but my GTN spray isn't working
    Me:

So I get some more details and eventually CIR is carted off to hospital. Hell of a way to start the day.

*GTN spray is medication used to treat angina (chest pains which aren't heart attacks, generally it's a reduction of blood flow to the heart but it's not stopped completely).
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

And no one else could call an ambulance for the man?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

This obviously falls into the stupid questions category, but why did he go to the police rather than hospital?????
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
        This obviously falls into the stupid questions category, but why did he go to the police rather than hospital?????
        Because he was walking down the street when the pain started, he took his GTN which had no effect and he felt that he couldn't make it to the hospital so he staggered the ten yards to the station instead.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

good on you for taking care of him.
          it's always handy to have first-aid training

Last edited by PepperElf; 10-12-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X