Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I get what you all are saying. Sad thing is, my friends I have on myspace I actually know & most if not all already knew where I lived & worked. Hell, most of them live here or used to at least. It's sad. If it was one of my "friends", then wow. If it was the Copperation...then that's still screwed up but since the blog wasn't blocked...then yes I understand. I learned my lesson. Although, I still don't think it's right.

BTW: I never found in either of the blogs where I mentioned the kidney thing...
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Online, the real me exists only as a few email addresses and a privacy-cloaked name in the whois database (supposedly, requiring a subpoena to get at the real name underneath).

Other than that, I use aliases which I take care never to associate with my actual name or anything that could lead to it.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

<the cinema> has a social and networking policy, that essentially says "don't badmouth the company on blogs and social networking sites." Violation of that is a disciplinary offence.

Just type 'fired for blogging' in google and see how many results there are.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          Just type 'fired for blogging' in google and see how many results there are.
          Holy snapola!

Quoth google
          Results 1 - 10 of about 554,000 for fired for blogging.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth ViolaPlayer View Post
            *eats a LOT of popcorn and waits for cookies*
            Please see our resident cookie dispenser, Evil Queen, for your cookies. She seems to have numerous varieties available at most times, as well.

/me hides from EQ now

Comment

Quoth ViolaPlayer View Post
              *eats a LOT of popcorn and waits for cookies*
              *shares the love of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies*

Quoth Pedersen View Post
              Please see our resident cookie dispenser, Evil Queen, for your cookies. She seems to have numerous varieties available at most times, as well.
              I'm so popular. Bribery helps.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                I'm so popular. Bribery helps.
                yes... but shuttle driver T's cookies are starting to compete with yours

oh, and I too can bribe people... I can bribe with Astro Burgers (oh, what I would do for a delicious Astro Burger... anyone in Salt Lake up for lunch at lets say 12:30 today )
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Not really, since Astro Burger is only in Salt Lake City and I have more miles on me then a traveling circus.

Comment

I can always send the burgers out... granted they don't taste as good reheated, but I could do it (oh my god, they'd probably shit themselves if I were to give out as many astro burgers as you give out cookies, went into astro burger and ordered them all to go )
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Events like that are why I'm careful about what I post here. No real names, and the only past job I talk about is Hechinger's or the paper route.

Some of you might remember the "ralphie" incident, in which a then-coworker came here to cause trouble. Let me tell you, I took great delight in banning his ass

Ever since then, I've been careful to cover my tracks. I don't let my computers keep track of my web history, nor do I save any passwords. What blogs I do post are set to "friends only," and I do not friend random people. At least not without checking their credentials first Also, there's no photo in the gallery (and I'm sure the ladies are ), lest some idiot try to make trouble.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Ralphie? Must have been before my time. *hinthint*

Comment

I wish I knew where you worked, I'd call up that mgr.'s office and give them a piece of my mind. What I do online in blogs has ZERO bearing on my ability to perform my job. If somebody "called me in" to "discuss" a blog of mine I'd have the ACLU on their ass so fast their children would be near-sighted.
                          Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
                          mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

I too ahve a myspace but i don't use it much. my rants would on my livejournal cos my co-workers were never mentioned by name... and no one from work is on my friends list. and... well some of those co-workers i don't think would even be smart enough to find them, and the ones who were smart enough just wouldn't care enough to try

my only suggestion for serious rants when you don't want the boss knowing... if you have to put them online... well it takes some work but... actually there's two ways.

on livejournal you can specify which friends can read the posts by creating lists of friends, or mark the entry as private.

Or what i did when i had blogger.com ... i used their web page to write the posts, but the actually data was stored on my own web page, and the rant section was "password required" and i was stingy about who i gave access too. One guy I knew online wanted to bring up dirt to use against me...tried to get one of his friends to ask me for a password, but i refused.

Comment

Once it is on Myspace you lose all rights to privacy. Not to mention the Constitution never even mentioned a right to privacy. I can name a half dozen people I know from retail employees, nurses, to cops who have lost their jobs because of Myspace. It is also the first thing a prosocuting attorney will look at when they prepare for a trial. Employers are also using it as a means to screen prospective employees and so are colleges.

I actually had to teach a seminar about this not too long ago.
                              Last edited by Big-box-retail-blues; 10-18-2008, 05:39 AM.

Comment

If somebody "called me in" to "discuss" a blog of mine I'd have the ACLU on their ass so fast their children would be near-sighted.
                                i just noticed this line....
                                and i remembered a story where one guy got fired because of what he posted on his blog.

he included a photo and someone from the company recognized it... he got fired for posting photos of company property online (plus i think it was a big name company and they didn't want some of their locations made public)

also some companies... if your myspace is easy to find they will look you up before hiring you. one story i read about.. some guy was in the running for a job... then the HR guy saw the myspace page talkin about "hos" and stuff like that - rather crude behavior. they decided to hire someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X