This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *foams at mouth* I have to do what

OK, so you all know about last week... doing a double to cover for the douchasaures... then working friday, saturday, 12 hours sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, last night... and now they need me to come in TONIGHT as well... oh and I may have to go in tomorrow as well because currently there is no one scheduled to cover the swing shift... then I am scheduled to work monday, tuesday, friday and saturday... God knows what my schedule is the week after...

what sin have I committed to have earned this
    oh well, on the bright side, I'll eventually have a stabalized full time grave schedule... oh and one big ass paycheck coming soon
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I like the foaming at the mouth part. But you forgot to snarl.

That's okay. This past week I've worked in Baytown (an hour's drive one way) Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday swing (3pm-11pm) only to get up Friday morning at 7am to work 8am-6pm, same today and the idea was to work that tomorrow as well.

INSTEAD, tomorrow I get to get up at the crack of dawn to work a couple hours in the Southwest Location, then drive an hour across town back to the Baytown location for a full 8 hour shift.

I have no idea what the hell is going on Monday.... I hope I get to sleep...

Once again, the worst part is I AGREED TO THIS! Why? Because my poor manager at the Baytown location is in dire need of a day off. And I made the mistake of volunteering myself for Night Audit out there too. Why? Their Night Auditor hasn't had a day off in two weeks and has a family.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

All I can say is that both of you are building up a shit-load of good karma!
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Karma... yeah....

At least when I work at the other location I'm actually making more money. (I get paid .50 more an hour there)
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

When a day off comes, make sure your phone is turned off or don't answer. You deserve that day off.
          "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Quoth Monica View Post
            When a day off comes, make sure your phone is turned off or don't answer. You deserve that day off.
            actually I did one better than that... I left my phone on... and then left the state... so that if they did call I could say "sorry, but I'm scheduled off today... if you'd like I can walk you through it over the phone, but my bus back to salt lake doesn't leave for another hour "
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
            X