X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Snowplows

Or, "The Only Bad Thing About Not Working Overnights."

Years ago, my store, the strip mall attached to it, and Aldi's at the opposite end of the strip mall used to share one snowplowing service to plow the parking lot whenever a snowstorm would require it.

My store would pay 61% of the bill each time the lot had to be plowed, the strip mall would pay 29%, and Aldi's would pick up the final 10%, based on the portions of the lot that were deemed to "belong" to each entity.

A few years ago, the strip mall hired their own plowing service, and Aldi's may have done the same. My store has its own plowing service as well. So whenever there would be a snowfall, there would be piles of snow migrating from one part of the lot to another and arguments over who was supposed to be plowing where and "don't be pushing your snow into our way!" Sometimes those arguments would become rather pitched.

Just something we got to talking about today, being as winter is fast approaching. Too bad I won't be able to see any of these donneybrooks going on while on break during third shift, when we used to sit in the vestibule between the doors and watch it all happen.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

good nights for

Comment

at least you got your lot plowed. at my places new location we sometimes did not get our lot (customer and driver) plowed for days. real fun sliding into the driver lot and REAL fun when our supply truck takes 15 minutes just to back into position.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
      X