This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A miracle happened at work today!

The department director of Visitor Parking/Community Relations had the open sign changed to full after calling me to ask me how many non-reserved spots there were in the garage because she had a last minute parking request. I did not even ask her to do this.

Visitor Parking is a small garage. There are only 55 parking spots. When I got to work today for my 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. shift there were 8 cars already parked in the garage. I had to reserve 21 parking spots. So there were only 26 non-reserved parking spots available. I let her know there were 4 non-reserved parking spots when she called me with the information. I found out the open sign was changed to full after raising the gate at the booth for someone to park. The person pressed the call button at the call box at the entrance gate, the phone call was tansferred to dispatch, who then transferred the call to me. I had to use the remote to open the gate. I look at the sign & saw that it read "full". I was surprised.

you mean they're actually THINKING for once?
    wow

Comment

The director of Visitor Parking/Community Relations has been contacting the Parking office to have the open sign changed to full when needed ever since 2 people have received parking tickets from campus police for entering the garage when told by me that they could not enter the garage because even though the open sign was on, the garage was reserved. One of the customers returned when the garage was reserved another day & the open sign was on. I told the guy that he will receive another parking ticket from campus police if he enters the garage again because it is reserved. He said he still wanted to park. I warned him that he will still receive a parking ticket from campus police if he does park in the garage. I raised the gate, wrote down his license plate #, & he did park in the garage. I called the director's phone number, but the person who makes the event list answered the phone & told me the director will no be back in the office around 1 p.m. This incident happened around 11:30 a.m. I told the person who answered the phone what happended ( I also told her the open sign was on, but the garage was reserved) & what I told the customer. She asked me if I called campus police, & I said no. So I called campus police & explained the situation as well as what I told the customer. Unfortunately, the guy left & campus police never came & ticketed his car. I sent the director 2 e-mails: one explaining what happended when the guy drove up to the booth & another stating that he left & campus police never ticketed his car. She called me when she got back to the office, & told me she would call police & ask why he did not receive a ticket. She called me back to tell me that campus police said there were only 2 cops on campus at that time, & they were busy. There were 2 cops testifying in court. Hmm.. I wonder if that had to do with any customer being ticketed for entering the garage when the open sign was on but the garage was reserved.

Comment

Working...
      X