X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineering calculations

Hi !

for those who don't know I work at home improvement store with an orange theme going on...

any who I work in flooring and decor which basically means flooring and blinds. And when it comes to blinds I can get some real moronic SC.But i can also get some awesome customers too!!

I was relating a story to these 3 guys I was cutting blinds for. I explained that I have had a previous sc who as engineer who got pissed off. SC was mad b/c his blinds were a 1/16 of an inch off... that means 1/32 on each side.... you wont notice unless you have a ruler. Now all of our equipments can cut accurately within a 1/4 inch. I've been doing it long enough I can ususaly get you withing an 1/8 of inch (which is a bitch!). most people are just glad we cut blinds and do so for free. no engineer man went ape shit and made me cut him another one. (sadly it was when i still young and naive and had no real spine.... that has changed ).
    CC1=cool customer 1
    CC2= cool customer 2
    CC3= cool customer 3

anyway I told my cool customers this story :
    CC1: yeah they think they can calculate anything on paper
    CC2: (smirk) yeah but I bet they can't calculate how long it takes a customer to go from normal to asshole
    CC3: I can tell you
    Me: oh?
    CC3: a 1/16th of an inch or instanously which ever is quicker

We continued to joke around while i worked on cutting down their blinds. they were awesome and if they're reading this you guys can come back at anytime!

I'm tempted to create a formula to determine how angry an SC gets based on various factors. The only issue is that anger isn't quantifiable yet, or at least to my knowledge.

It'd be cool to be able to measure the time the customers wait in yoctoseconds though.

Any suggestions for the name of a scientific unit of anger?
    Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

A Grr?
      A gigagrr?

Or would this be based on the energetic output of the angry human?
      Measure BTUs/heat disbursement from the pissed person?

20 PPBTU's 20Pissed Person BTU's...?

Cutenoob
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
        A Grr?
        A gigagrr?

Or would this be based on the energetic output of the angry human?
        Measure BTUs/heat disbursement from the pissed person?
        I like the direction you're headed with the former, actually. It's the anger itself I'd like to quantify, not the energetic output of the angry human.

Of course, I could also delve into calculating antiwork as exhibited by certain cow-irkers.
        Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

For the units, how about a 'peeve'?
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
          X