This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if....

What if it was true that us cashiers all live in the back of the store,like customers think we do.Imagine we have no family,no spouse/boy/girl friends,pets,or home.We just live in the back of the store. We never have holidays or days off.We are never sick.The way some of these customers act you would think this is true. Discuss!!!!!!!!

You Forgot that the backroom is TARDIS like and has every single possible product available, we only have to run back and get them when the customer's whim strikes.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

There are actually days where I wish that were true... it would so make my commute easier
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

There is a shower where I work. Granted it's technically an "emergency wash station" for if you spill chemicals all over yourself......
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

When i worked full time at Macy's i always used to joke that i spent so much time there i might as well just pitch a tent in the middle of the store and just stay.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

You guys live in the store???? I was grown and spawned from a seed.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
              When i worked full time at Macy's i always used to joke that i spent so much time there i might as well just pitch a tent in the middle of the store and just stay.
              That's what I felt like doing the last holiday season I worked at Sears. I was scheduled to close on a friday and open on a Saturday morning. Store closed at 11 pm on Friday, and we HAD to stay until at least midnight, and then I had to be in at 5 am the next morning. THAT made a whole lot of sense.
              "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
              "Red."
              "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
              "RED!"
              "..."

Comment

During the two tax season rushes (January 31st to February 14 and April 1st to April 15th) it feels like we live in the tax office. The reality is that we do close.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post
                  That's what I felt like doing the last holiday season I worked at Sears. I was scheduled to close on a friday and open on a Saturday morning. Store closed at 11 pm on Friday, and we HAD to stay until at least midnight, and then I had to be in at 5 am the next morning. THAT made a whole lot of sense.
                  I remember one time during the holidays (it was about 2 days before Christmas) i was scheduled to work till 12:15 a.m. and then be back at 6:30 a.m. By some miracle, a co-worker took pity on me and took the shift until 12:15 so i could actually get some sleep that night.
                  Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Every large law firm I have worked at has had a full shower and dressing room. Many of the offices have 24-hour staff available for word processing, copying, and paralegal work. Even on Christmas there are usually a few people working.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

When I was young(er) and poor(er), my work day ran from 6:30 am to 8 pm M-Th, 5pm to midnight or later on Friday, noon to 9 pm or later on Sat, and 8am to 6pm on Sun. I did this for 3 years. When I started, I was playing, "Who gets paid this month?" When I quit that schedule, I had paid $15K cash for my 1-year old truck, had put down $18K on my land and house, and still had $20K in the bank. I had NO life. No animals, no kids, no BF, just me.

I don't think I could do that kind of a schedule again. I take that back--I KNOW I could not do that again!

I'm just grateful I was able to do it then, when I needed to!
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                        Every large law firm I have worked at has had a full shower and dressing room. Many of the offices have 24-hour staff available for word processing, copying, and paralegal work. Even on Christmas there are usually a few people working.
                        I'm guessing the shower/dressing-room is to freshen up if you have to pull an all-nighter before going to a court appearance?
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                          I'm guessing the shower/dressing-room is to freshen up if you have to pull an all-nighter before going to a court appearance?
                          That's one reason. Another is a lot of the attorneys end up working out at a nearby gym or jogging in the evening and they can clean up before going back to work until 2 or 3 a.m.
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

At the airport we have a crew centre. Lots of sofas, computers, showers, a tv lounge and a quiet room which is always dark and you can sleep in there. Oh and a cafe.
                            Down the corridor is the general airport staff restaurant and the union office.
                            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I almost wish I could live in the backroom of my store..... Then I wouldn't have to fight morning traffic on the way home... *twitch*

Comment

Working...
                              X