This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Dexter writers have been reading this site

I finally watched the new Dexter episode from Sunday night. On it, Rita, Dexter's girl friend, works at the front desk of a nice hotel in Miami.

A couple came to the desk to complain about their room. They were in the Honeymoon Suite and were upset because they couldn't see the sunset from their room. The bride was a complete EW, demanding another room with a sunset view. Rita explained that it would be impossible for them to see the sunset as the sun sets in the West and Miami is on the East Coast of Florida. EWB claims the brochure said they could see the sunset, then there is back and forth between EWB and AWG (already whipped groom), with AWG suggesting that perhaps the brochure said they could see the sunrise. These are the last words AWG is allowed to speak. Rita offers spa time, complimentary breakfast, and so on. This does not dissuade EWB, who demands a better room. Rita explains that Honeymoon Suite is the best room. EWB then pulls the classic EW line, "There's always a better room." Rita's response, "The only way there could be a better room was if we built another one, and your being a bitch isn't going to change that." Unfortunately, Rita was fired for it and EWB got her room comped.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

I absolutely loved that scene. I was disappointed with the boss's response though. I can kind of understand firing Darla, but did she really need to comp the suite?

If you have HBO there's an awesome scene in the first episode of Tru Blood where Tara quits her retail job.
    Last edited by Anriana; 10-22-2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

This makes me sad.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Do wha'?! Rita got FIRED?!

*Flips through his books*

.....uh....no she didn't...oh, wait, the show.

Nevermind.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
        X