This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The systems all went down

Hey guys, I'm being paid to be at home and chat with you all. I went into work and the systems had all gone down and no one could get them back online, so we were all sent home with pay. YAY!
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

OK, seriously... how do I get a job where I get paid to go home?

oh well... I guess what I have is close enough... most of my shift I'm either doing homework or playing games on my laptop.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

That happened at the Call Center from hell twice in my last year there. System went down, but it was up to each of us to decide whether to go home without pay, use vacation time or use personal business time. They were too cheap to send us home with pay. Of course, I usually opted to just sit there and do nothing along with my close co-workers. That way we got paid and didn't have to cover it with time we wanted to use later.
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

You all suck! When our systems go down, we're given a handheld radio, a cell phone, a pen, and a stack of cards to write calls on. Then we get to sit in a little trailer and continue taking calls and dispatching police. At least the little trailer has a microwave...
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Paid to go home? Your job is full of win!
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

bainsidhe, most of the time my job is full of win. I do have annoying coworkers and sometimes BossMan annoys me, but for the most part, I do enjoy the heck out of my job.
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
            X